FORUMS: list search recent posts

Background video not showing?...

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Davies
Background video not showing?...
on Jun 1, 2013 at 9:23:07 am

Hi guys,

I'm tearing my hair out here. Encore has always been a very simple program to use (when I need to use it) and this very simple operation just isn't working!

I have a menu create din photoshop, all buttons work great in the encore preview. I made an mp4 video (with audio) in After Effects and have the asset in my project - this is what I want to use as the background video for my menu. I have dragged the video pickwhip to the mp4 and it appears to be ok in the motion menu, but it is just black when it plays back? The audio plays back fine, but no image?

I attach a screenshot of what I see - you can see the mp4 shows up in the motion menu, right.. What's going on?

Andy

Return to posts index

Andy Davies
Re: Background video not showing?...
on Jun 1, 2013 at 9:57:14 am

Seems it needs "kicking in" in CS6.. If I first link through to an After Effects Composition from the project library it shows up, then if I change it to the original mp4, THEN that image shows up fine.. Weird, but it worked.

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on Jun 1, 2013 at 12:50:25 pm

I can't see the image very well. One thing that can create this is having added a full background image without replacing the "background" layer in the psd menu. Encore replaces that layer with the motion menu. If you add, for example, a new background layer called "My background," and leave the psd background layer, all looks well until you add a motion background, which mysteriously doesn't work.

Your additional work may have inadvertently fixed this, or it may have been due to another issue. Perhaps using the muxed asset rather than demuxed.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Andy Davies
on Jun 1, 2013 at 1:01:25 pm

Thanks Stan, I'm glad it can be attributed to a specific cause, it just seemed very user-unfriendly to me, for that to happen... It's OK for now but I'll store what you advised - thanks :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]