FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dynamic Link

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frances Hill
Dynamic Link
on May 28, 2013 at 6:36:57 pm

Hello there,

From reading the threads on this forum, older posts suggest Encore prefers the video and audio timelines to be imported separately. Is this still the case (I am using CS 5.5)?

I was hoping to export the project's sequence with both the video and audio using the dynamic link function as I am a little baffled by all the possible export formats, coding and compression setting that are available. I am hoping this will bypass these issues and do it automatically if I use the dynamic link. However, I do want to achieve the best quality so is this the best way to do it?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: Dynamic Link
on May 28, 2013 at 9:50:40 pm

DVD or Bluray?

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Frances Hill
on May 28, 2013 at 10:40:15 pm

DVD and my sequence settings are:

Preset: DV - PAL widescreen 48kHz
General
Editing mode: DSLR
Timebase: 25.00fps

Video Settings
Frame size: 1920h 1080v (1.0000)
Frame rate: 25.00 frames/second
Pixel Aspect Ratio: Square Pixels (1.0)
Fields: No Fields (Progressive Scan)

Audio Settings
Sample rate: 48000 samples/second

Thanks

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on May 28, 2013 at 10:45:24 pm

You can debate quality. Either method is fairly easier, so try it both ways with a short sequence of the video you are using.

Dynamic link the short sequence. The transcode setting shoujld be "automatic." Yes, dynamic link will handle both video and audio.

Then export that same sequence using the MPEG2-DVD format. Do not change what is called "multiplexing." This will create m2v and wav files. In encore, use "Import as Timeline," and select both files. You should see "do not transcode" for the m2v, and the wav file will transcode to dolby if that is your Encore project setting.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Frances Hill
on May 28, 2013 at 10:52:16 pm

Thanks Stan! That is really helpful - I will do that.
Appreciate your help :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]