FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Interactive Slide Show in CS5

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Stram
DVD Interactive Slide Show in CS5
on May 25, 2013 at 3:25:45 am

Ok readers I'm new to this slide show stuff. I mainly make videos to DVD and I have made in the past video montages from stills but my biggest customer just threw me for a loop. He wants a 2000 photograph, viewer interactive DVD. I'm out of my element here. Yes I can make it a movie, I don't need that kind of help. I need to know if its possible for a user to use a DVD player as you would a Slide projector. He wants the viewer to be able to control, pause, forward and backward as a slide projector. Plus he wants a word doc and the original file folder on the same DVD for those who want to print out a selected photo via a home computer. I never made a multi-platform DVD. I've seen demo videos of people using Photoshop to do this or Encore or both. What about Premiere? The DVD will need a menu for 8 selections which will have about 250 photos each. I don't think he realizes it will take a viewer several viewings to completely see all of it without getting bored. No soundtrack and simple butt splices. Someone has had to make something similar and maybe there is a better program out there to make it with. My calculations estimate that the length would be just under 3 hours, so that alone may make it impossible. So knowing that it may be a boxed set 1 DVD and 1 CD-R with the files.

Return to posts index

David Rehm
Re: DVD Interactive Slide Show in CS5
on May 26, 2013 at 2:22:29 am

In Encore

>>>import your slides as a Slideshow
You will have to have multiple Slideshows as Encore only allows 99 slides per Slideshow.

>>>select the Slideshow in the Project Panel
>>>check Manual Advance in the Properties panel/Basic tab
This will allow the user to use the DVD remote for advancing each slide.

>>>set Slide Duration to desired time (I usually set it to 1 sec)
This means that each individual slide will play for 1 sec. It will NOT advance to the next slide after the 1 sec. The user will have to do this.

That's pretty much it. Just pickwhip all your Slideshows together (via the End Action) so they can play continuously.

There is an option to add transitions in-between each slide. I usually find that these transitions tend to react in a jumpy manner when my DVD players play them. I do have older DVD players so maybe that's the problem(?). Test it out.

You can even add video clips within the Slideshow too.

David

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on May 26, 2013 at 4:16:50 am

If I understand the way you're explaining , it's not possible.

In theory, You could do up to 10k menus with stills and buttons for fwd/back, but it's not practical since it would takes weeks to set up

Return to posts index

David Rehm
on May 26, 2013 at 2:17:07 pm

Why would it take "weeks" to set up. Sure with 2000 slides it will take some time but really not that much at all.

>put (up to) 99 pictures into a Slideshow
>select that Slideshow in the Project panel
>check Manual Advance (in the Basic tab of the Properties Panel)
>set Slide Duration time

DONE!

Just repeat until all 2000 slides are finished.

David

Return to posts index

Tony Stram
on May 26, 2013 at 2:43:11 pm

Thanks for the input. I didn't expect this to be a quick thing, just that it had a possibility. The client is not in a hurry so, I have time for experiments. I just needed a starting point. Had I not asked, I would have made a movie out of it and fumbled with it and use chapters tied to a menu. The hardest part is over that was the digitizing all those photos and the restoration of them. I was going to stay away from transitions for that same reason (KISS) I would like to say thanks again...

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on May 26, 2013 at 10:27:45 pm

Setting up a slide show would be impossible since you're limited to 99 titles per the Spec

99x99= 1000

The only way would be setting up separate menus with their own fwd/back buttons. Something like this should be done in a spec tool like Scenarist.

DVD wasn't designed for this kind of title :)

The client needs to do this in Flash, not DVD

Return to posts index

David Rehm
on May 26, 2013 at 11:58:35 pm

This can be done on a DVD the way I described it. I do a lot of lectures/seminars on various subjects and I make my presentations this way. It's my version of power point. I have never owned a laptop so this way I can show my slides via any DVD player.

David

Return to posts index

Gastón Haro
on Nov 18, 2014 at 5:28:19 pm

99x99=1000?? only in America I suppose.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]