FORUMS: list search recent posts

Not enough space on Media? Disc Space or Hard drive Space?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Berch
Not enough space on Media? Disc Space or Hard drive Space?
on May 20, 2013 at 9:53:40 pm

I am making a Blu-Ray Double Layer .ISO file and I get a dialog box that says "Code 25 not enough space on media", Does that mean there is not enough space on my external Hard drive I am writing it to, or that there will not be be enough space on my Disc (50 GB) when I go to burn it?

Thanks in advance.

Encore CS 5.1

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: Not enough space on Media? Disc Space or Hard drive Space?
on May 20, 2013 at 10:21:55 pm

What is the total of the file sizes of your encodes (h.264/MPEG-2 and your .ac3 audio)? Those cannot add up to more space than can be burned onto your blank Blu-ray disc (50Mb).

Authoring apps need 2-3x the size of the final disc in available hard drive space to hold the encodes, the built project and the .iso file.

Encore also transcodes MPEG-2 for DVD when you build a Blu-ray project, which can take up to another 8.5GB of hard drive space.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Adam Berch
on May 20, 2013 at 10:34:03 pm

Hi,

The total file size in Encore said it was about 29GB. I am using a 50GB dual layer Blu Ray disc for this. After it was done trying to make my .ISO file to one of my external drives, and it have me the Code 25 error message, I realized that my hard drive only had 57GB left on it.

If you are saying that I need 3 times the space on my hard drive than what Encore is saying my file size is, then I obviously needed more space on my external hard drive.

I moved a few things around and now I have 250GB on that drive, which is more than enough space, I am now re-making that .ISO file again right now.

I will let you know the results tomorrow.

Thanks for your Help

Return to posts index

Scott Robert
on Jun 19, 2014 at 8:00:35 am

What was your result?

Return to posts index

Adam Berch
on Jun 19, 2014 at 5:21:49 pm

I made a Blu-Ray Folder and it worked perfectly. I then burned it using Roxio Toast 11 and it burned great. I tested it and everything works fine.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]