FORUMS: list search recent posts

Severe problems converting an Adobe Encore slideshow

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Southern
Severe problems converting an Adobe Encore slideshow
on May 13, 2013 at 3:08:23 pm

Hi All,

I'm running into severe problems with file conversion of an Adobe Encore CS5 slideshow. First of all I should say that I'm extremely new to Encore, and it's completely overwhelming to me. If anyone can help me out on this I would be incredibly grateful. Here are the specifics.

I set out to create - on my Mac - a 90-minute slideshow that contains about 110 slides, and interviews placed over the top of them. The finished version will be uploaded to youtube; that's the end goal. All of the data has been entered; the problem is that because of Encore's 99 slide limit, and because I am completely new to the program and have no idea how to do flowcharts/menus/playlists, etc. etc. and am under a severe time limit, I ended up just creating two separate physical DVDs, the first one with the initial 1 hour 11 minutes of the podcast, the second one with the remaining 15 minutes. I thought that I would then convert the VOB files to MP4s, drop into Premiere end-to-end, and save the whole thing as one 86-minute AVI file.

Unfortunately it didn't work out like this. While the DVDs themselves are perfect, I can't find a conversion software that seems to actually handle them properly. I tried Handbrake and think it's a joke; it inexplicably either chops the ends of the videos off, drops the sound out for periods of time, or will randomly drop frames. Then I also tried this Digital Media Converter by transferring the VOB files over to my desktop PC and working on them there; of course it's necessary to purchase the $40 to use it, but I'm not even sure I want to do that, because the trial version gets the length of the clip wrong!!!! I also tried using WinX DVD converter; it doesn't seem to know how to handle the VOB files.

It seems that I'm SO close to getting this video exactly to where it needs to be, but I'm running into these ridiculous errors. Can someone help me?

Many thanks,

Nathan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]