FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio track slightly longer then Video Track...won't adjust properly to sync!

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mike apalucci
Audio track slightly longer then Video Track...won't adjust properly to sync!
on May 7, 2013 at 8:45:26 pm

I converted multiple video clips (in Sorenson Squeeze) into MPEG-2's in order to author in Encore CS5.5. When putting multiple clips onto a timeline I noticed that the audio track was slightly longer then the video track...this threw all of my clips on the timeline out of sync.

You can only really tell that they were off whem zooming all the way in on the tracks on the timeline. I can't even just trim the audio to match the video track...it only gives me the option to cut it slightly shorter or longer then video, not even. Please help!

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: Audio track slightly longer then Video Track...won't adjust properly to sync!
on May 8, 2013 at 3:31:45 pm

Mike,

If your audio is Dolby .ac3, you should be aware that the length of a frame of Dolby audio is slightly different than the length of a frame of video. If you build a number of shorter encodes into a timeline in any authoring app, you will see the sync gradually drift.

You can trim each encode as you drop them into the timeline to minimize this, but remember that authoring apps are not designed for editing.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Audio track slightly longer then Video Track...won't adjust properly to sync!
on May 9, 2013 at 7:01:43 pm

AND:
if you need to put multiple clips into one timeline/sequenz within encore, you should create ONE longer timeine/sequenz within an editing-system containing all your video prior authoring.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
on May 16, 2013 at 2:22:38 am

I have seen strange Sorensen results when it compresses something where the audio and video have different lengths... Pops, out of sync A/V....

I'd make sure the audio and video length by adding silence to match the lengths, and see if that helps the issue.

Looking for 1939 Indian Motocycle

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]