FORUMS: list search recent posts

Code 25 - Not Enough Disc Space - I have plenty - why is it saying this?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Berch
Code 25 - Not Enough Disc Space - I have plenty - why is it saying this?
on Apr 29, 2013 at 6:59:05 am

Hi,

I have a Blu-Ray project that I started to burn onto a BD Disc. It was all going fine and an error code poped up and it said "Code 25 - Not Enough Free Disc Space."

I am using a 25 GB Blu-Ray Disc and I have over 4.5 GB left (according to Encore)

Why is this happening?

How can I fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Encore CS 5.1
Mac Pro
10GB RAM
Intel Zeon

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Code 25 - Not Enough Disc Space - I have plenty - why is it saying this?
on Apr 29, 2013 at 8:08:55 pm

I would say - there´s not enough disc space on your harddisc to multiplex. might that be possible?

danny

Return to posts index

Adam Berch
on Apr 29, 2013 at 10:47:27 pm

Hi,

I was burning it on a Blu-Ray Disc, not to a Hard drive.

When I did make an Blu-Ray ISO file, the same project came out to be 25.75 GB. Encore was saying it as only 21 GB.

Why is that? Does the project get bigger as it is transcoding?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Apr 30, 2013 at 5:24:56 am

Adam,
a BD single layer has 25.000.000 bytes, which are in fact 23.307GB, so if you have 25.75GB content, this is to much.

same with BD DL - it´s got 50.000.000 bytes space which are 46.613GB.

here´s a chart where you can find them:

http://jesusnjim.com/using-computers/optical-drives/media-capacities.html

encore-discspace-calculation has a bug as you see - misscalculating the disc-space, this is a known bug for a long time.

danny

Return to posts index

Adam Berch
on Apr 30, 2013 at 1:28:22 pm

Thanks Danny,

I wish I had known about the bug in Encore.

So, what is a good workaround?

Should I encode my main project (timeline) from Premiere Pro into Media Encoder as a smaller Blu-Ray H.264 knowing it will be bigger when I put it in Encore?

Obviously, If Encore said it was only using 21.5 GB of space, and when I made an ISO file it came out to 25.75 GB, there is just abut 5 GB of overage there. So I guess I have to make my main timeline 2,3 or maybe 4 GB less that I would have to compensate for the error in Encore. So, maybe I just have to make sure that Encore always says the the Disc is 20 GB, knowing it's more than that.

I will make an ISO file after my DVD is finished, before I burn it, to see how big it really is. The only downside is that if the project is still too big, I would have to re-encode my timeline in Media Encoder. That is a very long process and I would like to avoid that if possible.

Is there a better solution to this problem?

Thanks for everything and I look forward to your response

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Apr 30, 2013 at 1:34:46 pm

Adam,
is this project sent to replication and you MUST stay at BD-25? otherwise there wouldn´t be a problem to go BD-50!

easy solution I guess ;)

danny

Return to posts index

Adam Berch
on Apr 30, 2013 at 1:51:16 pm

HI Danny,

I would like to try and get it to stay under the 25 GB limit.

This DVD is for a family member and not a regular client of mine. If I go up to a 50 GB Blu-Ray, that would easily solve this problem. When I do edit for family members, I always make it longer than I would if it was for a regular client. The project would not be 2 and half hours long if it were a regular client.

Regular clients would get a project that was about an hour and a half to and hour and 45 minutes at most. So a 25GB would be fine for that.

Would a 50 GB BD Disc, play on most newer Blu-Ray Players? I know some Dual Layer SD DVD's have trouble playing on some DVD players. I don't want to run into that problem.

Would I have to make a Dual Layer Break Point on a 50 GB Blu-Ray Disc? Is that process easy or complicated in Encore?

Thanks for all all of your help and I look forward to your answer.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Apr 30, 2013 at 2:12:13 pm

Adam,
I´ve never seen any problems with BD50 on newer players - there were a problem with very old players (1st gen), but they are rare these days.

burning a BD-50 you don´t need to take care about the layerbreak-position as BD is less complicated than DVD. the layerbreak-position is seamless while DVD have a non seamless layerbreak-position.

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]