FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating chapter indexes in Encore with video thumbnails

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zack Matzganis
Creating chapter indexes in Encore with video thumbnails
on Apr 26, 2013 at 9:55:08 pm

Hi there,

So I recently moved from the Final Cut 7 suite to the Adobe CS6 suite. There is a project I do every year for a dance school where they do like 30 or 40 dances and I film it and put it on a DVD for them. In the past I would edit it together and create all the chapter markers in FCP 7 then create the DVD in DVD Studio Pro by auto assigning all the chapters onto the pre-made menus. However, none of these dances have any names so I use little video thumbnails for each chapter so that the person viewing it knows what dance it is. (Hopefully all that made sense)

This is my first time editing this in Premiere and moving to Encore. I just learned about the chapter indexes in Encore and all that made sense, however, I have only found tutorials and examples for creating the chapters with words or pictures.

So, my question is, is there a way of using the chapter index to create all my chapters but use small video thumbnails instead of pictures? Is there a pre-made menu that I glanced over that uses video thumbnails? Any help would be very appreciated because I only have a few days to finish this project.

Thank you for your time!

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: Creating chapter indexes in Encore with video thumbnails
on Apr 27, 2013 at 3:16:13 am

Use the "Sunset Submenu" as a test. You will see that a button in that menu is of the "chapter" type, and has a thumbnail layer, which can be animated. It is designed for indexing; has previous/next buttons etc. If you are usuing widescreen, try "radiant submenu wide."

You would have to manually edit the poster frame for each chapter that you don't like the thumbnail animation. but I think it should work fine for an indexed creation process.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Zack Matzganis
Re: Creating chapter indexes in Encore with video thumbnails
on Apr 27, 2013 at 4:22:54 am

Great, thanks! I should be getting to the DVD menu tomorrow. I'll post back with my results.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]