FORUMS: list search recent posts

Troubleshooting Encore crash when opening a saved project

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alex robertson
Troubleshooting Encore crash when opening a saved project
on Apr 23, 2013 at 5:26:19 am

Hi,
I'm running a Retina MBP with 16GB RAM and 2.6GHz i7. CS6 Master collection.

I have had a most alarming crash, that seems to have been triggered in Encore but has now carried over to Premiere as well.

The project is a fiddly fitness video, which took a long time to edit in Premiere (lots of freeze frames, titles, some basic objects motion). After creating the encore chapter markers I opened an Encore project and started threading the whole thing together with buttons and menus. Several submenus to link to specific exercises.
3 main chapters, each with their own timeline made from three sequences created in Premiere.

A day in to this (not to mention after over a week's initial edit in Premiere), I imported the premiere sequences 2 and 3 into the project media panel. I got the rainbow whirlygig, and it didn't go away. Eventually, after quitting all other applications to try and help Encore, I had to do a force quit on the application.

Now, Encore opens (to the landing page, 'choose project') but when I select the project in question, it freezes. Force quit is necessary to progress. If I create a new project, it opens fine.

I have the added issue that since this initial crash, Premiere will not open at all. It freezes during the program boot 'initializing' phase, whilst the small Adobe Premiere logo window is in the middle of the screen.

I am trying to remain calm, but this is really quite a catastrophe for me. How should I go about troubleshooting please?

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: Troubleshooting Encore crash when opening a saved project
on Apr 23, 2013 at 2:39:45 pm

This is the last Mac/Encore troubleshooting reference I have. I think it includes how to reset preferences.

Troubleshoot system errors and freezes | Adobe software on Mac OS 10.x

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/824/cpsid_82414.html

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

alex robertson
on Apr 24, 2013 at 7:33:15 am

Thanks for the link, Stan. That is exactly what I was looking for. Still no luck unfreezing the programs but I am going through the troubleshooting steps now

Return to posts index

alex robertson
on Apr 24, 2013 at 7:54:09 am

Step 15, repairing disk permissions, has helped me. I can now open the project in Encore, and Premiere successfully loads, but when I select the project in Premiere's landing page dialog box, it gives me the following error:

Any clues?
:(

Return to posts index

alex robertson
on Apr 24, 2013 at 8:35:26 am

OK this is downright weird. Further to this discovery above (that premiere didn't know how to interpret a sequence) I tried creating a new project.
Many sequence presets have disappeared from the list! The footage I'm dealing with is from a Sony EX1, and when I created the project I selected the EX preset to match the footage.

1)Where have these presets gone?
2)Why?
3)How do I get them back?!

Thanks in advance for any help. See below pic how the presets aren't available any more:

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on Apr 24, 2013 at 12:03:04 pm

Try here?

http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/features-presets-missing-premiere-pr...

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]