FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export for Computer viewing

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jessica Stoddard
Export for Computer viewing
on Apr 22, 2013 at 6:29:58 pm

To the creative community, I really appreciate your help!

I am wanting to export my Encore DVD project to be viewed on the computer, and I'm not sure why I'm having trouble:

I have tested my project and exported to a DVD... While the video quality is fine, every time I enter "full screen" mode the DVD main menu image becomes pixelated. I've done everything to investigate why this happens, and think that I could use some help on what format/size my menu should be in Photoshop so that when I insert it into Encore and burn it DVD, it doesn't get pixelated. Is there a certain size/preset/etc that I should set my menu up as in Photoshop so this doesn't happen? Again, I'm only needing to view the dvd on the computer- so I'm hoping there's just something that I've missed.

I'm sorry if I have missed this conversation on other threads, but I'm getting a bit desperate and really appreciate any tips or helpful advice!
Thank you so much.
Jesse

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: Export for Computer viewing
on Apr 22, 2013 at 9:26:41 pm

DVD is 720x480. (Let's assume NTSC; for our purpose the point is essentially the same for PAL).

Played in its native resolution, it is a relatively small part of most modern computer monitors. You are wanting it to look good when blown up to a size much larger. It will look better on a larger TV, because most modern DVD/Bluray players use hardware to uprez the image.

The more compressed the material to get it to fit on the DVD, the less likely it will look good full screen on the computer.

If you only want to watch it on the computer, you can export from Encore as flash.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]