FORUMS: list search recent posts

Animated Buttons using my timeline instead of my 30 second QT movies, why?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Berch
Animated Buttons using my timeline instead of my 30 second QT movies, why?
on Apr 14, 2013 at 11:03:19 pm

Hi,

I am constructing a DVD in Encore (Blu-Ray) using Animated Buttons.

I have a Main Menu, 6 sub-menus, a Special Features Menu, and a pop up menu.

I want to focus on the sub-menus:

This is for a wedding.

I am using 6 sub-menus for this project. I went into Photoshop and I re-named each button on each menu, (Cocktail Hour, Toast, etc...)

I exited Photoshop.

I then made 24 different Quicktime movies, each about 30 seconds in Premiere Pro CS 5.5. I am placing one in each filmstrip on the sub-menus instead of using just poster frames.

I then brought my 2 and a half hour wedding timeline into Encore and started to link up the buttons on my Sub-Menus to the corresponding chapter markers on my wedding timeline.
In this wedding, some of the chapters I have put about 2 seconds of white where I put my chapter markers.

I then went to my first button "opening", where there is a 30 second QT movie in the film strip, and I linked it to "Chapter 1" on my timeline.

The Video inside the filmstrip disappeared and white color filled the film strip.

I did this to a few more buttons and it seems like the Video from my 2 and a half hour wedding timeline, is replacing the 30 Second Quicktime movies I made and put into the film strips.

Why is this happening?

All I want to do is link the button on a sub-menu to a Chapter marker on my 2 and a half hour wedding while keeping my 30 second Quicktime movies playing in the film strip. I do not want it to be replaced by video on my 2 and a half hour wedding.

How can I do this? Is there a way to separate the title of the button from the film strip that my video is playing in so I can link the button but leave my Quicktime movie playing?

This is how it's done in DVD Studio Pro. I would like to do it in Encore.

Thanks in advance.

Premiere Pro CS 5.5
Encore CS 5.5

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: Animated Buttons using my timeline instead of my 30 second QT movies, why?
on Apr 15, 2013 at 12:47:23 am

Were your videos playing in the "film strips" before you linked the buttons? Just curious.

You cannot do what you are trying to do in Encore using the Encore process for video thumbnails. This creates the motion background from any motion background for the menu plus the timeline segments.

You can avoid the white by setting a different poster frame for each chapter. What plays in the button is from the chapter's poster frame for the amount of time specified for
animated buttons in that menu.

You can do what you want creating the full motion in After Effects or similar. But not using the Encore process.

Feature request here

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Adam Berch
on Apr 15, 2013 at 12:31:43 pm

Hi,

How can I do this in After Effects?

I would bring in the background of the menu into After Effects.

I would then drop my videos in Video Drop Zones (Where can I get video drop zones?) The menu does come with them, but how can I just drop them in there in After Effects?

Then, I would have to get a button or just make a button that does not have a Video Drop Zone attached to it and put that underneath where the video drop zone is and link it up to a chapter in my timeline.

That would solve my problem, am I right? Separating the Video Drop Zone from the actual words of the chapter should do it.

Here is a screenshot of my button. The White over the Film strip is the "Video drop Zone" and "Chapter 2". Right now they are one button. I need to Separate them in order for it to work.

How can I do this in After Effects or Photoshop?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on Apr 15, 2013 at 1:04:28 pm

A little like ping pong here...

See my response here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5235638#5235638

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]