FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a way to build encore projects to be viewed on an external device

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nery Romero
Is there a way to build encore projects to be viewed on an external device
on Apr 13, 2013 at 1:17:34 am

I've had a few posts here about how Encore wasn't letting me build a DVD and although it never got that far I did manage to make it build a Video_TS folder. Now my problem is that toast doesn't want to burn that folder. So my question is is there a way to build a file from encore or somewhere that will let me copy the project in full to a flash drive or external hard drive so it can be viewed from there with the menus and all? Thanks

Return to posts index

Ken Mitchell
Re: Is there a way to build encore projects to be viewed on an external device
on Apr 13, 2013 at 1:39:18 pm

Yes you can choose BUILD FLASH. When you create this folder,load it on the flash drive and plug it in a computer. Open the folder and click on the .swf file. It will open up and play just like the dvd or blueray. The computer must have a Flash player loaded on it.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Apr 15, 2013 at 7:35:24 pm

You can BUILD to IMAGE and this creates an .iso file, which can be viewed as a DVD using "VLC Media Player" software. Most any disc-burning app should also be able to burn the .iso of course to create a working DVD then.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Randy Cates
on Jan 31, 2014 at 3:21:01 pm

I know this is an old post but i have a related question. I have a client with a flat screen tv in his office. He's asking if we can deliver a DVD project (menus, videos etc.) output from Encore on a flash drive which he can insert into the TV's usb port and play the content from the flash drive.

I suspect if possible I'd need some high end flash drive to play HD video in real time direct from the flash drive.

I understand this can be done to play from the computer so if I include the VLC player on the flash drive would it use that application and run?

Where this is something they want to loop, If I just make an.mp4 video and include the vlc player would that solve the problem?

Any other suggestions on how to do this would help.

Thanks
R.Cates

Randy Cates
Video Production/Motion Graphics

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]