FORUMS: list search recent posts

Menu Chapter Buttons Do Not Play Video in the Menu

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Verona
Menu Chapter Buttons Do Not Play Video in the Menu
on Apr 5, 2013 at 8:11:53 pm

I posted this on the Adobe Encore Help feedback:

"Not helpful, editors dont write code we edit . FCP's DVD Studio Pro could animate the Chapter buttons seamlessly. Why when I hit the animate Buttons the whole menu disappears. I guess this is an example of how poorly Encore is written..."

In FCP Studio Pro the Chapter Buttons can easily display the video they are connected with, within the Menu display. One would think that turning on the "Animate Button" switch in the Properties Panel would do just that. Instead the whole menu is affected.

It just seems as though Adobe engineers have a "So What" attitude. At least Apple engineers (when they were still a video editing software company) use to fix the problem within 6 months or so.

I buy a product I don't accept excuses. Neither do my clients. How about Adobe gives every buyer a $100 refund for every problem they find.

"Memories of today, Recorded for tomorrow."

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: Menu Chapter Buttons Do Not Play Video in the Menu
on Apr 5, 2013 at 8:37:57 pm

I regularly animate buttons; never had a menu disappear. Is the menu also animated? Have you rendered the menu?

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Matt Stoddart
Re: Menu Chapter Buttons Do Not Play Video in the Menu
on Apr 7, 2013 at 1:28:38 pm

Ditto as Stan as said, I animate all my chapter points on every retail DVDs I do(4-5 a month)
1) Link Chapter point to appropriate point on your time line
2) Check the "animate menu" box and adjust desired duration.
3) Render motion menus (if you want to preview)

Hope this solves your problem.
Encore has it bugs but that hasn't been one of them in Encore.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]