FORUMS: list search recent posts

Changing Menu Loop Times Beyond 30 Seconds.

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Berch
Changing Menu Loop Times Beyond 30 Seconds.
on Mar 28, 2013 at 1:08:47 pm

I am in Encore CS 6 building a Blu-Ray DVD.
I have 2 menus a Main Menu and 1 Submenu.
The Submenu has 4 Video Buttons that you can put Videos inside of.

I created a 52 Second QT movie that I want to put into one of the buttons in the submenu

I imported that movie as as asset and made it a Timeline

I Put that video in one of the Submenu Video Button inside my Encore Menu.

Then I impotred a song as an asset and put that on the menu so the song will play as you are looking at the Menu. The song is 2 and a half minutes long.

I also put another another song on the Main Menu that is about 4 minutes long. There is no moving video or Video Buttons on the Main Menu, Just Text and 1 Still picture.

When I press the Preview Button, the song on he main menu will play out and then start over again (Loop Forever) Which is what I want.

When I go to the Submenu with the moving video inside it, also remember there is a 2 and a hlaf minute song that plays on there as well, the song starts to play and the Video is moving in the button.
When it gets to ther 30 second mark, the Menu goes black, but the song is still playing.

Why? I need the menu to last the whole song with the Video playing.

When I don't have the Video playing in the Video button on the submenu, the song plays all the way through and the menu does not go black. This also happens when I put a still picture in a video button. It does not go black. it works perfectly.

I need the Menu to be able to be sen for the entire length of my song with a 52 second Video playing in it inside a Video Button.

How can I accomplish this?

Is there a setting where I can change the menus length from 30 Seconds to whatever I need it to be?

Thanks in Advance

Encore CS 6

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: Changing Menu Loop Times Beyond 30 Seconds.
on Mar 28, 2013 at 2:14:58 pm

The 52 sec. Qt needs to be the same length as the 2 and a half minute music (exactly same length to the frame) - accomplish this by looping the video as needed and fading it out somewhere in the 3rd time it loops to match length of music OR loop the 52 sec video twice and freeze the last frame until the length of music is reached. Do this looping/freezing outside of Encore and bring it in as an asset just for the video button.

This is the only option I know of.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Adam Berch
on Mar 28, 2013 at 7:03:47 pm

Hi,

I tried that and it did not work. Menu still goes Black after 30 seconds with song still playing.

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Mar 28, 2013 at 7:45:07 pm

This is beyond me then. I can't think of any other possible solutions.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Mar 30, 2013 at 12:31:59 am

Hi Adam,

Your audio and video are linked together, and by default the menu background of a Zip Kit is 30 seconds long. You can either trim the song down to 30 seconds, or locate the menu background asset and loop it in Premiere to be the length you need, then export a the looped background as a new menu background asset.

The animated menu background is separate from the text and other foreground elements of the menu PSD. When you bring that background video asset into Premiere, it will not have any of the text and foreground elements. You can export the looped background as a new asset (you can use quicktime animation codec for lossless quality), and keep using it on future projects.

Regarding the video in the chapter box, you should know that the chapter box must link to that actual video. When you click on that button, it will play the 52 second video. Hopefully that is your intention.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]