FORUMS: list search recent posts

Playback issues (codecs) for Win XP

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pawel Kuncewicz
Playback issues (codecs) for Win XP
on Mar 20, 2013 at 4:24:03 pm

Hi All!
Thanks in advance for any support on this.

I have been producing company DVDs and got feedback from a lot of office folk how they cannot play the content (WMP, missing codecs) and they had to take the material home to run on their own laptops.

I have the doubtful pleasure of working with people on *raw* XP/Windows media player environment with no privileges of downloading any external software, so suggestion such as 'go download VLC' is out of line unfortunatelly. I was wondering - Could this be an issue of rendering the files in a different way/using different codecs?

Is there any way how I can fix this or is there no chance of getting it to run at all in the office environment?

As far as I remember I exported the projects into MPEG-2 PAL (I'm based in the UK). I've rendered from After Effects Cs5.5 and authored in Encore cs5.5

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: Playback issues (codecs) for Win XP
on Mar 20, 2013 at 7:52:58 pm

You created a DVD. XP (and most other?) WinOS does not provide a DVD decoder. If you must go to DVD, that is the problem. If you don't have to go to DVD, you can create a flash export, then they play that like a web page.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Pawel Kuncewicz
on Mar 20, 2013 at 9:45:19 pm

Hi Stan, thanks for the reply!

As far as I know 7 and 8 have built in codecs which allow a default version of windows media player to play a dvd with no bother, it's the xp that bugs me.

So my question then is - is there a different way to create a dvd (has to be dvd output) using a different setup?

Many thanks,
P

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Mar 22, 2013 at 3:16:53 am

There's nothing that can be done on the authoring side of things.

DVD isn't the best platform in these situations unfortunately

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]