FORUMS: list search recent posts

Changing the behaviour of only the last chapter in a feature, Can it be done in Encore?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Stoddart
Changing the behaviour of only the last chapter in a feature, Can it be done in Encore?
on Mar 19, 2013 at 1:04:12 pm

I've been asked by a client to defeat the "skip to next chapter" command only of the last chapter of a feature.
I'm sure this delving into scripting (if...then...) which seem to be Scenarist territory only but would love to know if this can be done in Encore.
If I had a long enough fade to black near the final chapter point in the feature I could set up another timeline with different properties giving me the desired result, but that is a bit "IF".

Thank in advance.
Matt

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Changing the behaviour of only the last chapter in a feature, Can it be done in Encore?
on Mar 19, 2013 at 5:31:09 pm

Matt,
could you please tell us what system you are using! PC or MAC? is this a allready muliplexed DVD?

then you´ve got only a few options.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Matt Stoddart
Re: Changing the behaviour of only the last chapter in a feature, Can it be done in Encore?
on Mar 19, 2013 at 5:41:33 pm

Hi Danny,

Adobe Encore CS6 on PC and Mac.
This is at the building stage before creating the DDP images for the replicators.

Thanks
Matt

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Mar 20, 2013 at 7:52:29 am

ok,
if you are about to mux your stuff, you could easiely use DVD AfterEdit Mastering Edition on MAC to tweek the muxed content.

http://rivergatesoftware.com/dvdafteredit

be awared that this software is running only on MAC OS systems prior 10.7 meaning 10.6 and 10.5.

you could edit the DVD-code and create DDP-images also.

there´s a freeware called mydvdedit, which could not create DDP-images.

for PC there is a similar application, but can´t remember the name at the moment.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Matt Stoddart
on Mar 20, 2013 at 11:02:38 am

Thanks Danny for that, it's two steps forward and 1 step sideways,
the only Mac I work on is running 10.8, and everything else is PC, I might have to buy an old G4 to run mydvdedit, it looks very interesting.
The PC software wasn't Ifoedit? was it, if you do remember please drop me a line.
It was nice to know that I didn't miss any little trick in Encore and it has to be done using a different programme.
Once the DVD info is edited I can always make a DDP image using Gear Pro.

Thanks
Matt

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Mar 20, 2013 at 11:24:45 am

Hi Matt,
yes, correct - that was ifoedit. :)

to use gearmaster for DDP is a very good choice.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]