FORUMS: list search recent posts

Project exceeds DVD space.

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nery Romero
Project exceeds DVD space.
on Mar 16, 2013 at 10:46:34 pm

After finally finishing the transcoding I was hit with another problem. The project exceeds DVD space. I deleted the slideshow, trimmed the clip back about five seconds (since I can't take more) and made the menu still instead of animated as it was. I'm using an 8.5GB/240min blank dual layer DVD. I don't know what else to do to make this project fit.

As you can see it shows me there's plenty of room at first but that's not the truth of it at all.

What can I do to make this fit? Thank you.

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: Project exceeds DVD space.
on Mar 17, 2013 at 12:17:13 am

[Nery Romero] "After finally finishing the transcoding I was hit with another problem."

Does Encore error when building? Or did you look at the size and conclude it is too big? In either event, what is your calculation of the total size from the transcoded files?

Unrelated to whether there is in fact too much, problems with locating a layer break can be an issue if there are very long sections.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Nery Romero
on Mar 17, 2013 at 1:05:08 am

I get a message after the menu building is done that says something like "project exceeds DVD limit".

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on Mar 17, 2013 at 1:11:25 am

What were your transcode settings?

Do you have any ROM content?

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Nery Romero
on Mar 17, 2013 at 1:14:04 am

There's about 512kb of rom. I'm not sure of the transcode settings as I'm not with my computer at this time. I'll reply about that ASAP. Sorry

Return to posts index

Nery Romero
on Mar 17, 2013 at 6:15:09 am

I tried to check my transcode settings but it's greyed out when I right click the premiere pro file.

Return to posts index

Roel Bus
on Mar 17, 2013 at 2:18:40 pm

Check your project and see if there if there are any problems there. If you have orphan timelines or menus, it includes them in your total project size. But then it does usually show up in the size indicator too. One area to check anyway

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Mar 18, 2013 at 1:59:08 pm

Hi Nery,

Curious - what is the length of the video?

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Nery Romero
on Mar 19, 2013 at 3:51:27 am

The length of the video goes for 02 hours and 32 minutes

Return to posts index

Nery Romero
on Mar 19, 2013 at 3:53:46 am

All the comes up when I check project is "Trims and/or chapters adjusted" for the video. I did trim a couple of minutes from the video when I first found out it was much for the side of the DVD.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Mar 19, 2013 at 2:16:51 pm

Nery,

Are you using Dynamic Link from Premiere, or did you encode your assets from Premiere using Adobe Media Encoder? If AME, what is the data rate?

Also, if you imported assets into Encore, I believe that if you trim the video at all, it then needs to transcode again = quality loss. So maybe not worth the 5 seconds you trimmed.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

John Kelly
on Mar 28, 2013 at 2:02:13 pm

Hi, i am new to all this, but i had a similer oroblem just the other day. I took a 45min clip of an old movie, made a menu with 4 chapters (scene selection) saved it. then opened that encore program done what i had in there and thought just a matter of saving/ burning it.

When i trird to create the DVD or even to a dvd folder it was going to be 5.37GB I thought jayus. I thought i may have to to a dual later disc. Anyways i burnt / saved it to a folder and when i looked in the folder there was the VIDEO_TS folder at 1.69GB and also all the the other files too. it seemed to back up. saved all my original files too. hmmm.

I deleted those extra files and burned the video_ts file as normal ... turned out great. try that it may help you.

Regards

Return to posts index

joe miranda
on Feb 7, 2015 at 9:13:18 pm

Hi!

I have exalte the same issue and I dont know what o do now. It is a 2hour wedding video. I encoged using encoger cc vía importing timeline. 7.5 CBR m2v and it created a 6.7 gb file. When building in Encore it says project is too big. How can I keep quality and reduce file size? I am making a dvd with animated menus

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Feb 9, 2015 at 3:13:57 pm

Hi Joe,

Using a bitrate calculator, a 2-hour video should be encoded at 4.5 and VBR would provide a better result, for example 2.5 - 4.5 - 7 for low, avg, max.

Be careful with motion menus, they can use a lot of space if not careful. You might limit the animated buttons to 30 seconds if you must have them.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

joe miranda
on Feb 9, 2015 at 5:44:56 pm

Thank you Jeff. You are a life saver. 4.7 as target worked just fine and fit. It is a 2hour wedding. Now playing on dvd player and looks great. I used vbr 2pass

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]