FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD dvd

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Hilton
HD dvd
on Mar 11, 2013 at 12:06:53 pm

Hey Guys,
I am wondering if it is possible to burn an HD dvd that will play in a normal dvd player. That may sound kind of silly, but a friend of mine claims that he burned his documentary on normal dvds in a HD format that will play on normal dvd players. If that is not possible, how do pros get Dvds to look so good. I burned my Full HD project to dvd in Encore, using a high bitrate and 720:480, and it doesn't look very good. I am just wondering if there is anything that I am missing here.
Thanks for any help,
Ben

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: HD dvd
on Mar 11, 2013 at 5:31:08 pm

You mean Blu Ray

No your friend is mistaken.....BD does not play back on regular DVD players

Don't try to match Hollywood titles since the tools they use are much higher end then what us mortals use :)

What exactly don't you like?

Return to posts index

Ben Hilton
on Mar 12, 2013 at 12:45:36 pm

Well, I don't want to do blu-ray for a couple of reasons. And the dvds that I burn using encor, even with a high bit-rate, just look unprofessional, they look like SD. I guess that is just what I am going to have to live with, but all the dvds that I see, (most of what I watch is from low-budget independent producers) looks really good. Almost like HD.
I am just wondering if I am doing something wrong.
Thanks,
Ben

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Mar 12, 2013 at 5:38:56 pm

All DVDs is SD.

You'll need to tell us exactly what you don't like about your encodes for help

Return to posts index

Ben Hilton
on Mar 12, 2013 at 8:49:59 pm

Well, the dvds that I have tested, just have a really SD look to them. I don't know how to describe it...I am doing vbr 2-pass 9mb/sec encode settings, with a sharpen filter set really low. I guess that look is just what I am going to get. Also I was wondering, if I shot in 17mb/sec full HD video, on the finished DVD should I use the highest bit-rate...9mb/sec? Or would it not make a quality difference to do 4 or 5mb/sec since SD is about 1/4 of HD?
Thanks,
Ben

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]