FORUMS: list search recent posts

virtual blu-ray player with identical results as a real one

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hagop Goudsouzian
virtual blu-ray player with identical results as a real one
on Mar 10, 2013 at 11:07:40 pm

I am trying to minimize my test burns, but cannot find a software that reads an ISO file and displays identical to a real blu-ray player. For example testing loop points, in one instance I play a menu with software based blu-ray players I get a black frame at loop point. I burn it and play it on a PS3 no black frame, then insert the same blu-ray in another Sony new blu-ray player (low end) I get a black frame whereas in encore no black frame at loop point. I have tested this with 2 of the more top-end pc based softwares, I am on a mac using bootcamp.

Thanks,

Hagop

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: virtual blu-ray player with identical results as a real one
on Mar 11, 2013 at 2:39:48 pm

I don't believe those gaps will ever test "correctly," because they relate to disk mechanics, and do vary by hardware player.

For all other issues, I have found Total Media Theater 5 to be the truest to disk playback. I mount the iso with another program.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Hagop Goudsouzian
on Mar 11, 2013 at 4:59:49 pm

Thank you. I do not get consistent results with software. Sometimes I don't get the black frame and then when I let the loop run often I get a black or two frame on the subsequent runs. Now, I have it ok on my two Sony blu-ray players. But wonder what is going to happen with Samsung, LG etc. Is there a rule of thumb that will work in all players?

Thanks,

Hagop

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Mar 11, 2013 at 9:50:26 pm

Stan,
sorry to say that - but dissagree!

BD-specs said that jumping from one title to another will have a black picture before the next starts.

what happens, when looping a menu is, that you have a non seamless loop within your playlist that´s been created by adobe encore abstraction layer - it will freeze and start at the beginning if the player will do this. you can´t create seamlessly looping playlist-items within encore.

another encore-issue:
sometimes for heaven sake there will be added a 2nd playlist-item that will also contain a 1 GOP black-frame at the end, this is happening especially with H264.

and last but no least - all software-player I´ve seen (and I´ve tested a lot) are all behaving different on different multiplexed BDs.

the same is happening, when you try different players from different manufacturer. I´ve found out for myself, the best choice is to check on sony + pansonic-players, as they are acting very differnt on BDs, but if you have some more it´s even better.

you might know I´m working most with tools like scenarist or BD-Author, spec-authoring-tools.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on Mar 11, 2013 at 10:18:30 pm

[Daniel Ludwig] "sorry to say that - but dissagree!"

Yes, I should have made the point that Encore has issues with looping. But the OP is not seeing gaps in some instances (which is itself interesting), and I was only responding to his primary question, which is whether there are reliable software emulators.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Hagop Goudsouzian
on Mar 11, 2013 at 10:31:44 pm

if it plays back differntly on a sony than a pansonic, I can only do so much trimming of the loop in encore before the audio starts cutting. earlier the two sony blu-ray players were not giving the same results, i trimmed two frames and the particular menu is fine in both (ps3 and another current). software playback is not reliable for me at all. so Stan, i will now try to find a panasonic player to test.

thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]