FORUMS: list search recent posts

shimmering and slight white edges

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hagop Goudsouzian
shimmering and slight white edges
on Mar 8, 2013 at 3:52:39 am

First I am not sure if this subject belongs here or compression. My apologies.
with encore I am authoring a blu-ray. I am almost done. I have 2 issues.
I have four very similar menus. Created in After effects, and then compressed with ame h.264 2 pass 18/35 then imported to encore. These menus have a zoom in on a still while the title over a blue sky zooms out.
The titles have a slight shimmering as it zooms out and a subtle slight/thin white edges while the prores 422 is fine. I do not know how to get rid of the shimmer and the white edges for the blu-ray. I have thickened the black outline, (originally had a glow, removed that too).

Thank you,

Hagop

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: shimmering and slight white edges
on Mar 10, 2013 at 6:51:51 pm

Hagop,
you should use NO transcoded material for your menus! encore is transcoding every menu of a blu-ray to MPEG2 itself. makes no difference if allready transcoded or not, or if your project-settings are H264 or MPEG2.

the menus allways will be transcoded as 23.98 MPEG2 - doesn´t matter if you are on a 1080i29.98 or 1080i25.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Hagop Goudsouzian
Re: shimmering and slight white edges
on Mar 10, 2013 at 10:55:04 pm

Thanks Danny, I just checked two ways. The encore project folder > Sources > Menus, all the menus are m4v, which as far as I know is H264. Then with 2 Sony Blu-ray players which have a display function, showing all the details, my movies as well as the menus are all AVC with matching audio at 448.
I am now imorting the 10 Menus as Premiere projects plus one movie and this is draining my computer's CPU and the project load time, so I can no longer edit menus in photoshop via encore (not enough memory). But in premiere I added blur to the menu videos and most of everything is resolved. If I do not do it this way and encode before importing I am getting red flashing frames in the first few seconds of each menu. So, encore is transcoding the menus but in H264 (m4v). all is 1080i 29.97

Thanks,

Hagop

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]