FORUMS: list search recent posts

Turn off first play so user has to press play to start the disc?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Berneker
Turn off first play so user has to press play to start the disc?
on Mar 7, 2013 at 11:31:42 pm

I have a client who I'm at my wit's end with, but I won't get into the details.

They don't want the DVD to auto start, because it takes over their screen on their PC or mac and want to be able to see the data on the disc instead and merely have the *option* to play the DVD by pressing the play button.

Is there a way to author a DVD in encore such that it doesn't start automatically, but starts upon pressing play? If I remove the first play action of a disc, I can't author the menus etc., so my first instinct would be that it's not doable.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Turn off first play so user has to press play to start the disc?
on Mar 8, 2013 at 1:59:09 am

Can't be done :)

Return to posts index

Roel Bus
on Mar 8, 2013 at 1:18:32 pm

You have to have a "first play" whether it is a video or a menu.
Now I've never done this, but how about creating a solid colour video with the transparency set very low and a start button to use for the menu set as "first play". You'd still see the TV screen and there would be a button to start the DVD. Just make sure the menu loops forever.
Like I said, I have not tried that, and I don't know if Encore will let you use a menu with a "see-through background" but it would work it it did.
Roel

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Mar 10, 2013 at 6:23:56 pm

the simple answer is - NO, it wont do that!

and: the auto-start-function of the dvd-player-software behave different on all machines, as it´s a user-preference.

by the way - you should set a track as first-play instead of a menu, that helps to keep your players resume-buffer happy.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Brian Berneker
on Mar 11, 2013 at 12:09:57 am

The solution has to be a no-play solution. The problem the client has is that their DVD app goes full screen upon auto play, making them unable to find the icons on their desktop. I told them that this is an application setting, not a DVD one, but he wanted me to override and not auto play the disc. I'm going to tell him it can't be done.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]