FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to work with keypads in Adobe Encore DVD to lock a film?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rocio Aranda
How to work with keypads in Adobe Encore DVD to lock a film?
on Feb 26, 2013 at 4:32:12 pm

Hello there,

I started a new project with Adobe Encore DVD with 2 different films.
I need to lock the content by a keypad and then force the end of the film to go to the main menu.

How can I do both actions?

1 the keypad
2 force the end to main menu.

Thank you in advance.

Rocio

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: How to work with keypads in Adobe Encore DVD to lock a film?
on Feb 26, 2013 at 6:34:20 pm

1. First of all, any device to lock content via a keypad and password is not secure at all. The security can be circumvented very easily by anyone who knows their way around a DVD remote. It's also much easier to implement using a spec-authoring app such as Scenarist, where you can do some programming to store the password and do calculations on it.

But, if you want to try it, you could make four instances of a menu (for a four digit password) with art that looks like a phone keypad with ten buttons corresponding to numbers. If you activate the correct number key in each one, you navigate to the program. Otherwise, the navigation goes to some sort of graphic with an error message.

2. To make your program jump back to the main menu, click on the program asset in the flowchart, and set the end action to point to your main menu.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Rocio Aranda
on Feb 26, 2013 at 7:56:58 pm

Thank you Bill.

First at all, I do apologise because of my English. I am from Spain and my level of English is not very good yet.

As you see I am not very professional in that field yet. I started to learn DVD author few months ago on my own. I got good results but now it is time to improve.

I found very interesting a think that you said : to implement using a spec-authoring app such as Scenarist.
I would like to try that.

Would you mind to explain me a little bit more about that? That is really good I think that it will help me a lot!!

Thank you

Rocio Aranda
Graphic Designer and Junio Editor/DVD Author
London

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
on Feb 27, 2013 at 5:40:07 pm

If you want to try authoring using a tool such as Scenarist, you are best advised to spend some time learning from someone who uses this software. It is a steep learning curve to go from the simple tools such as Encore and DVDSP to Scenarist. In spec-level authoring, one needs to learn the rules governing the underlying logic used to build DVDs: domains, video managers, title sets, titles, PTTs, cells, pre/post-commands, etc. These are the logical tools in your toolbox. Encore and DVDSP hide much of this complexity from you, allowing the author to concentrate more on wiring together the program content and menus. If you want to see what spec-level authoring involves, check out this web site:

http://www.dvd-replica.com/scenarist308/productinfo.php

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Rocio Aranda
on Feb 27, 2013 at 6:27:58 pm

Thank you, Bill.

I actually use DVDLab Pro2 software.
I have read some Scenarist tutorial to understand the logic. Because I find that one more clear than the DVDLab Pro tutorial.

Due to work issues I need to use DVDLab Pro2 to make the DVD Authoring.

Thank you for your advice.

Regard,
Rocio

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]