FORUMS: list search recent posts

m2v & m4v on same blu-ray

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hagop Goudsouzian
m2v & m4v on same blu-ray
on Feb 26, 2013 at 4:16:50 am

will I have issues down the road if my blu-ray contains mostly m4v and for 3 shorts (3x2min) m2v? So far as blu-ray players compatibility and replication issues and other problems?

Both compressor (h.264) and ame (m4v) regardless of bit rate are giving me problems, yet when I encode m2v, it seems to be fine, only on these three shorts.

Thanks

Hagop

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: m2v & m4v on same blu-ray
on Feb 26, 2013 at 6:40:28 pm

Unless you are encoding using a high-end spec-compliant hardware encoder such as the Sony or Sonic Blu-ray encoders, forget about using MPEG-2 for Blu-ray. The h.264 for Blu-ray preset in Apple Compressor 3 or 4 is Blu-ray spec-compliant, and you will be able to replicate using these encodes.

Note that Encore will NOT produce a usable BDCMF for replication unless you run your project through Blu Streak Premaster.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Hagop Goudsouzian
on Feb 27, 2013 at 2:07:40 am

Great! Thank you Bill.

BTW, how much space should I allow for the BDCMF process in case I do need to go to replication, without re-authoring?
I can not do BDCMF myself, I will have to find someone to do it for me (eventually).
Right now I have about 800mb of free space on a single layer BD-R.

Thanks,

Hagop

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
on Feb 27, 2013 at 5:21:40 pm

Our company does not do the premastering process for replicating from Encore, so I cannot give you an authoritative answer. But the size of the assets should not increase because of Blu Streak Premaster.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Hagop Goudsouzian
on Feb 27, 2013 at 7:24:16 pm

Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved