FORUMS: list search recent posts

is 2-pass VBR in Encore CS6 fixed?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timothy Gassen
is 2-pass VBR in Encore CS6 fixed?
on Feb 24, 2013 at 6:20:42 pm

Hi all,

We are experiencing the much-documented bug in CS5 Encore that won't allow many blu-ray compliant 2-pass VBR H264 files into an Encore project without transcoding them.

I've heard that this bug is fixed in Encore CS6 -- so I'd like to hear from users who are using Encore CS6 -- is this bug actually fixed?!? Is there ANY work-around so compliant 2-pass VBR files will be accepted in CS5 Encore?

Also, Encore is reporting the project to be larger than the actual encodes size -- any tips on how to make Encore see the files at their actual size so all can fit on a disc?

Thanks for your help,

Timothy Gassen
Director/Producer

http://www.purple-cactus.tv

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: is 2-pass VBR in Encore CS6 fixed?
on Feb 24, 2013 at 10:35:44 pm

Have not tested, but I am pretty sure some of those affected reported that the vbr 2 pass bug was fixed.

In some recent tests, some of the disparity between Encore reported size on disk was the difference between Encore using Gigabytes and bytes. A DVD does not hold 4.7, but 4.3 GB. I don't know if that is your issue or not.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4838089#4838089

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Feb 25, 2013 at 9:25:38 am

I´ve never seen an issue with h264.

mostly if encore will transcode the assets - that´s a user-issue, as the encoder-values are not correct.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
on Feb 25, 2013 at 8:19:54 pm

In Encore CS-6 Mac, the .mp4 for Blu-ray 2-pass VBR encodes done using AME now have the "do not transcode" setting available. I have not tried CS-6 on PC.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Timothy Gassen
on Feb 25, 2013 at 9:59:24 pm

Thank you, Bill -- that is exactly what we were hoping to find! :)

And Daniel, Encore previous to CS6 had a bug that rejected some 2-pass VBR blu ray compliant files -- this was a random and intermittent problem that many users suffer through, including me. It was an Encore bug for several YEARS, lol. I really do hope it is fixed also on the PC side...

And the Enore project-size bug is ongoing it seems. Encore will report a Blu ray project as being MANY GBs larger than the actual encodes, menus, etc. This would be OK if it actually would burn to folder or disc correctly -- but it is reporting our current 21.93 GB project as 27 GB and thus too large to burn!

Other than lowering our encode size needlessly, wasting many GB of open space on a blu ray, in order to "fool" Encore into buring a disc, is there any work-around? (If you build to a disc image, it says the project is then 24.1 GB, still too large to burn.)

A 21.93 GB project is within disc headroom safety margins -- it SHOULD be able to burn to a 25 GB blu ray, shouldn't it?

Thanks for any help.

Timothy Gassen
Director/Producer

http://www.purple-cactus.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]