FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transcoding DVD freezes

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nery Romero
Transcoding DVD freezes
on Feb 24, 2013 at 12:36:07 pm

Hi,
I've tried to build this DVD about 3-4 times now and it keeps freezing right up at the last part of the video.
About here...

I even kept it on for 2 days straight this time around and nothing.

Is there a way to work around this so I can finally finish this DVD.

Thank you :)

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Transcoding DVD freezes
on Feb 25, 2013 at 4:00:39 pm

Hi Nery,

Are you using Dynamic Link from Premiere? Perhaps try encoding from Premiere, with File > Export > Media and create the "MPEG-2 DVD" content in Adobe Media Encoder.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Nery Romero
on Mar 1, 2013 at 11:25:51 pm

I was using Dynamic Link so I tried to export it as media in premiere pro. It did it for a few days (it's about a 2 hour long wedding video) but this morning I woke up to the export window not being there. I also checked the folder it was meant to be in and the file wasn't there either.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Mar 4, 2013 at 3:14:10 pm

Hi Nery,

Let's back up a bit and get some info. What is the source video, SD or HD? Project settings? Computer hardware? My 2-year-old Core i7-2600 will render a 2-hour MPEG-2 from SD in 10 minutes, or from HD a little faster than realtime. You say it is rendering for DAYS? Even my older computers never took more than 2-3 hours for SD to DVD.

Do you have effects on the video? Denoiser plug-ins are notoriously slow, even on the latest systems.

So let's figure out the whole workflow and at what point things are going bad for you

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Nery Romero
on Mar 6, 2013 at 8:19:23 am

I filmed on a Panasonic HDC-TM700 so it's HD video I believe. The project settings in encore were pal and DVD. I'm using OS X 10.8.2 with a processor of 2.53 GHz intel core 2 duo. I have effects in the menu and right at the end of the video (just a text type of thing).

Thanks, Jeff.

David, I will definitely shorten the name. Thank you for your help also.

Return to posts index

David Rivas
on Mar 5, 2013 at 6:37:40 am

i experienced something like this and found this to help.. http://forums.adobe.com/thread/588273

"Elizabeth and Daniel's wedding. prproj" - i have a feeling the spaces and OR the apostrophe in "Daniel's" might be giving u all this grief..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]