FORUMS: list search recent posts

Main Menu to Sub-Menu using Poster Frames

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Herman
Main Menu to Sub-Menu using Poster Frames
on Feb 23, 2013 at 1:33:20 am

For one of the 3 buttons I've set up on a main menu, it's going to a SUB-MENU. I'm using the photo frame option from the Encore Library. How can I set up a "poster frame" that doesn't show the SUB MENU as the frame of video? I've worded this poorly and I apologize, but I'd like to replace the minimized image of the submenu with an actual frame of video or (poster frame).
Thanks for any help you can give.

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: Main Menu to Sub-Menu using Poster Frames
on Feb 23, 2013 at 12:17:28 pm

I assume you are actually using a "video thumbnail button." When you link it to a timeline, it will show the poster frame set for the chapter you link to. Usually the intent is to animate the button with video from the timeline you link to.

I think what you are saying, however, is that you are using the thumbnail button on the main menu, and linking to a menu. That won't work.

You can use another "poster frame" image in any regular button by just putting a still image in that button, properly scaled, etc.

If you are really wanting video in the thumbnail, and you are not linking to the timeline it comes from, that's a whole different problem - Encore won't do that automatically. You have to use another program (e.g. After Effects) and add the video there.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/encore/cs/using/WS4BCC1FEA-7C18-4ba2-9AFA-F3717...

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Mark Herman
on Feb 23, 2013 at 1:36:10 pm

Hi Stan-
You're right on with what I'm attempting to do. I'm using a thumbnail button as a way to make the menu a little more interesting using a scene from the video.
In your response you say:
You can use another "poster frame" image in any regular button by just putting a still image in that button, properly scaled, etc.
I'm not sure what you mean here. Right now, the video thumbnail on the main menu which is pointing to the submenu is showing a poster frame of that submenu... I'm hoping to replace that view of the submenu with a "replacement frame of my choosing"... I guess I don't know how to do that, if that's possible at all.
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on Feb 23, 2013 at 6:02:14 pm

Export the frame that you want to use from the video. Edit the menu in photoshop. Scale the image down and put in as the lowermost layer in the thumbnail group.

As long as you are not going to animate that button, that should do what you want.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Mark Herman
on Feb 23, 2013 at 6:23:04 pm

Stan- Thanks for the post. Did you see my other question? Is there a way that I can take the still frame image that I want to see in that thumbnail, and import it into my project so that I can drop it in, just like a vector or image file??

Return to posts index

Mark Herman
on Feb 23, 2013 at 7:19:35 pm

Stan- Thanks! Once I opened my menu in photoshop, and drug a scaled image in place, then turned off the "eye" for the main menu link, I got what I wanted! A relevant still image to improve the menu look.
EXCELLENT!! Still wonder how I can create a vector or image file to do the same thing, though.
Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Mark Herman
on Feb 23, 2013 at 4:45:52 pm

OK, Here's some other thoughts... I see that I'm able to "cover up" my video thumbnail using either a VECTOR or and IMAGE that is available in the Encore Library... When I click on these, my submenu that's showing up in the video thumbnail turns into a color background or some such effected file.
Is there a way that I can save a targa, or a jpg as a vector or image file to import into Encore in the same manner, so it will show up there?

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on Feb 23, 2013 at 7:46:04 pm

Menus can be edited in Encore, but it is so much easier in Photoshop that I never bother. You can bring images into Encore and add them to menus; you dn't really have to add theimage to a button; it can just be on a lower layer and framed by the button.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]