FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore Default settings

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rex Summerfield
Encore Default settings
on Feb 13, 2013 at 3:32:37 am

Why must I reset everything every time I send a project to Encore? First Play, End Action, etc.... is there a way to tell Encore to save all the settings so I don't have to reset these every single time? Most of Adobes other programs remember the last settings you used when exporting importing or whatever.

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: Encore Default settings
on Feb 13, 2013 at 3:00:12 pm

You can save a project in Encore with your favorite settings, then use "save as" for each new project.

Open dynamic links from Encore rather than using "send" from Premiere.

But this only works for repetitive projects. Your examples, first play/end action, aren't really settings. A new project has nothing in it. Encore already sets the first thing you add as first play. Add your menu first, it will be first play. (One of the reasons I'm suggesting you not use "send" from PR.) End actions can't be set until the asset is added.

You could make a feature request for Encore to have a setting to automatically add a default end action to all timelines/slideshows/playlists created.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Rex Summerfield
on Feb 13, 2013 at 3:56:32 pm

Thanks for the reply Stan. I guess it is aggravating because I send multiple small projects out of Premier directly to Encore via dynamic link. I just need a simple plug and play disc but every single time I have to set the menu button options, ending action and name the project. If it would simply default to "stop" and name the project to match the asset being imported it would save me a lot of time. The same with the quality presets. Seems like such a simple thing to allow the program to remember your settings from one project to the next. Guess I'll file a feature request. Thanks

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on Feb 13, 2013 at 4:24:13 pm

I suspect what you really want is back to CS2 or 3 where you could export a simple, template based option from Premiere without ever having to author the disk. Another way to go with the feature request.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]