FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transition on Blu-Ray not working properly

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Smith
Transition on Blu-Ray not working properly
on Feb 12, 2013 at 6:22:07 pm

Using Encore CS6 on a mac, to make a blu-ray disk. Built a simple transition in AE to go from menu page to the film. Got it working fine in Encore running in simulation mode, however after I burn the blu-ray, the disk plays the menu then once hitting play the disk goes to black as it finds the transition, plays the transition, then goes to black again, finds the film and plays the film.

anyone else have this issue? would be great to have it work and not make coasters.

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: Transition on Blu-Ray not working properly
on Feb 13, 2013 at 7:34:37 pm

What are you using to play the burned Blu-ray disc? The frame buffer in the player should hold the last image on-screen while the laser jumps to another asset. This issue might crop up in a software player. If this behavior happens on hardware Blu-ray players, your Encore project might have a weird issue or maybe the encodes are questionable.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Chad Smith
on Feb 14, 2013 at 8:47:12 pm

Bill - Thank you for the reply. I am playing the burned disk in my Samsung BR player. I will check the encode of the transition and make sure it is the same as the film.

And speaking of encodes, I first had "use Media Encoder" checked when encoding the media. Then when I went to burn found that the files that ME had made were messed up. So restarted the project and had Encore do the encode. At least that way I got to disk!

Cheers!

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Feb 15, 2013 at 4:13:02 pm

Hey Bill,
sorry, but I wont agree with what you say according the frame-buffer! there are standalone-player that wont do this.

if you are jumping from one title into another the player will go black by spec. it´s also described within "BD-demystified"-bible. some player (mostly the newer once), will keep the last picture (within the buffer) and will show the first frame of the new title as the player have reached it, but this in no common progress.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
on Feb 15, 2013 at 6:21:33 pm

Daniel,

I have not yet encountered a Blu-ray player that fails to hold the picture, even the original Sony Blu-ray player I still use at home. Thanks for the reference to the issue in BD Demystified -- I will check it out over the weekend.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Chad Smith
on Feb 15, 2013 at 8:23:27 pm

Needed to make a few more blu-rays last night of the same project as above. when I launched Encore the program could not find the transcoded assets so I started a new project in Encore CS6. In AE this time the menu transition was rendered with the Blu-Ray H.264 preset available in AE CS6. Again the transition worked fine in simulation mode, however when I burned the Blu-Ray I got the same result. Menu then goes to black, plays transition then goes to black, then plays the film.

Using a Samsung Blu-Ray Player, its about two years old.

Going to look into Toast for burning Blu-Ray now.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Feb 19, 2013 at 6:53:14 pm

chad,
this has nothing to do with the burning-app where you´ll create your BDs with, this is a spec-thing!

you´ll never get rid of it - I kept it in mind, that (not only) samsung players are doing this! there are a lot more.

BD-spec is way more complicated than DVD-spec, and it´s no usual thing to have a transition from one menu to another or something like this, as BDs have other technical instruments for the menu-selection called IG-stream (interactive streams) that could contain multi-page/multi-layer menus that could have transitions between every single (sub-)page, while the background-video is moving ahead without any interruption. this is possible, as the IG-stream is completly seperated from the background.

you can describe it as two layers, that are completly for it´s own, but working together at the same time. layer0 is the moving (background-)video and layer 1 on top of it is the IG-stream, which contains all the menu-pages with its button.

good example: you should have a look at "ice age - the big melt", where you could see what I mean.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Chad Smith
on Feb 19, 2013 at 7:05:53 pm

Danny - Thanks for the response. Is there a way to access the IG stream in Encore? How did the folks at Blue Sky make their BR? I am still stumped on how to make a transition that will work on a BR with Adobe Encore. Can it be done? or perhaps its operator error?

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Feb 19, 2013 at 7:56:41 pm

Chad,
there is no way to edit the IG-stream within encore, as you are only able to edit the IG-stream within professional applications like scenarist, DoStudio or DVD Logic applications.

if you are working on BD you need to say "goodby" to good old DVD-structure and think different, as it has a different structure.

what you could do is to use the freeware-tool BDEdit:

http://pel.hu/bdedit/

to tweek your BD after multiplexing. but it´s very, very complex as you are working very near to spec.

Note: this is a PC-application. there´s also a "afteredit"-application for mac, called blustreak tracer: http://rivergatesoftware.com/blustreaktracer

IF you would like to extend your BD-capabilties you should look at DVD Logic-Software. it´s been simple to use and you can create professional BDs at a low cost level.

http://www.dvd-logic.com/

watch out for EasyBD and IG Edit...

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Chad Smith
on Feb 19, 2013 at 9:24:16 pm

Danny, thanks so much for the info. Man this gets complex quick. Gotta love the COW :) !!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]