FORUMS: list search recent posts

Subtitles and nametags

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lotte de Man
Subtitles and nametags
on Feb 4, 2013 at 2:44:31 pm

Hi There,

I have got a challenge and I hope someone can help me.

I'm making a dvd with 5 short documentaries. I have them subtitled.
I imported 2 versions of each film in my encore project. One with Dutch nametags, filmname and credits and the other one with the same titles in English.

In encore I imported all the films and also imported their subs and everything works fine. But because I have now 10 short documentaries in my project (5 dutch and 5 english) it doesn't fit on a dvd. The 10th film doesn't fit on the dvd.

So here's my question. I thought, if I import each documentary without any titles in Encore. Maybe I can make the nametags, credits etc in the two different languages in encore next to/or included in my subtitlestrack?

Has anyone got any experience with this?
I hope so!
Thanks Lotte

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Subtitles and nametags
on Feb 5, 2013 at 2:25:42 pm

Lotte,
to use subtitle for this is just a work-arround, as subtitle have no anti-aliasing and doesn´t look as good as when you create the typo within your NLE.

what is the whole duration of all 10 films? did you try authoring DVD-5 or DVD-9?

what bitrate do you use for encoding? audio have been transcoded to dolby AC3?

all these could help you to have as much space as necessary to get all 10 films on your disc.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Lotte de Man
on Feb 6, 2013 at 2:17:22 pm

Hi Daniel,
Thanks for your reply!

I was already thinking about the dvd-9. But only if there is no other solution.

The 10 films are all together are about 155 minutes.
There should be a way to fit them all on the dvd.
Maybe with an other compression in Adobe Encore.

I now used for video

and for audio

Any comments?

Thanks Lotte

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Feb 6, 2013 at 2:45:33 pm

hey lotte,
if you have 155min video and you use AC3-audio, you could easily use an average of 6.5MBit and use a VBR up to 8Mbit (peak rate), so you wont overfill your DVD-9.

if you would like to stay at DVD-5 you need to have an average rate at approx 3.5MBit - that´s no good! I would advice to use DVD-9.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Lotte de Man
on Mar 1, 2013 at 9:14:52 am

Hy Danny,
Thank you, for your replies!

With the final versions of the films it just fit.
But only if I use the automatic transcoding settings. before I used dvpal with widescreen and progressive scan.
Do you think this automatic setting will make it fit on the dvd?

cheers, Lotte

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Mar 1, 2013 at 11:33:35 am

Lotte,
if you used the bitrate-settings that I calculated - your content should not overfill your final disc. this could only be possible if there is some additinal content on it that I didn´t know.

your previous setting (where you´ve taken these screenshots from) had higher bitrates as you could use - as you could see they had 4Mbit/s, but the bitbudget calculated 3.5MBit/s possible instead.

why you used progressive encoding? and by the way PAL-material has no pan&scan, you could only use widescreen.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]