I'm new on Creative cow, though I already found several solutions on this website in the past :) (sorry if I make mistakes, I'm french speaking).
I work in a facility that creates DVD and I've already authored about 50 dvd's with DVD Studio Pro (I'm on a mac). Now, we would like to go further by authoring our blu rays ourselves. I tried Encore CS6 and, after studying the manual, I've been able to build and burn a project with all the needed features... Everything's fine except for the subtitles part.
I've got two problems. First, I used a .txt file, imported into Encore. As far, no matter. The subtitles are fine. Then, once the project is built, I've got a black rectangle that appears around the subtitles. I don't understand where it comes from. I thought it could be the bounding box but its size matches the safe area, while the rectangle is just a bit wider than the subtitles... That's really annoying :s I just want my subtitles to be displayed with a border, no rectangle. An other annoying fact about the .txt file is that it can't handle the italics. So, I would have to manually change all the subtitles that should be in italic.
Which brings me to my second problem : in the manual, there's a chapter about the image script and the Fab image script. I searched but couldn't find how to make one of these. I'm using Sublime to manage my subtitles. It can make png's rendering but only for DoStudio. So, I got the png's but not the "script file"... I really don't know if it's a file I need to do from a soft or that I can eventually do by myself, like some sort of text file with code lines (I really don't know anything about that but I can try if someone has a link with explanations).
If it can help, I also have Annotation, which I only use to transform subs in other formats. There's a Fab Text option, but it only creates a .txt file which doesn't solve anything.
Sorry for the long explanation but I wanted to be sure everything's well understood.
I hope someone will have a solution to at least one of these problems ;)