FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Encore CS6 Subtitles Bounding Box / Fab Image Script

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pierre Wauthier
Adobe Encore CS6 Subtitles Bounding Box / Fab Image Script
on Feb 4, 2013 at 1:39:33 pm

Hi.

I'm new on Creative cow, though I already found several solutions on this website in the past :) (sorry if I make mistakes, I'm french speaking).

I work in a facility that creates DVD and I've already authored about 50 dvd's with DVD Studio Pro (I'm on a mac). Now, we would like to go further by authoring our blu rays ourselves. I tried Encore CS6 and, after studying the manual, I've been able to build and burn a project with all the needed features... Everything's fine except for the subtitles part.

I've got two problems. First, I used a .txt file, imported into Encore. As far, no matter. The subtitles are fine. Then, once the project is built, I've got a black rectangle that appears around the subtitles. I don't understand where it comes from. I thought it could be the bounding box but its size matches the safe area, while the rectangle is just a bit wider than the subtitles... That's really annoying :s I just want my subtitles to be displayed with a border, no rectangle. An other annoying fact about the .txt file is that it can't handle the italics. So, I would have to manually change all the subtitles that should be in italic.

Which brings me to my second problem : in the manual, there's a chapter about the image script and the Fab image script. I searched but couldn't find how to make one of these. I'm using Sublime to manage my subtitles. It can make png's rendering but only for DoStudio. So, I got the png's but not the "script file"... I really don't know if it's a file I need to do from a soft or that I can eventually do by myself, like some sort of text file with code lines (I really don't know anything about that but I can try if someone has a link with explanations).

If it can help, I also have Annotation, which I only use to transform subs in other formats. There's a Fab Text option, but it only creates a .txt file which doesn't solve anything.

Sorry for the long explanation but I wanted to be sure everything's well understood.

I hope someone will have a solution to at least one of these problems ;)

Return to posts index

Jan Gassmann
Re: Adobe Encore CS6 Subtitles Bounding Box / Fab Image Script
on Feb 5, 2017 at 12:08:50 pm

Hi Pierre
I was wondering if you came up with a solution. I also came from DVD Studio Pro and I'm having the same issue in Encore. I'm also working with Annotation Edit and Belle Nuit

I manage to get Tiffs into Encore using the FAB Script, but the quality is very poor.

Did you find a workflow that matches the quality of DVDSP?

All the best!

Jan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]