FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timeline set to PAL

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
Timeline set to PAL
on Feb 1, 2013 at 7:01:25 pm

I work in NTSC, but recently made one DVD in PAL.

Since then, although my Preferences are set to NTSC, and the assets are NTSC, the timeline seems to want to stay PAL. 25 fps, 720x576, and I can't seem to find a way to change it.

Also, when I start a new project, the Preferences revert to PAL. I've cleaned the "Media Cache Database" from within Encore Prefs, but I assume there must be a file somewhere that I need to delete.

Could someone help me find the answer?

Encore 5.1, on Mac OSX 10.7.5

Thanks!

Bob C

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
Re: Timeline set to PAL
on Feb 1, 2013 at 8:29:17 pm

The mystery deepens. I just tried reinstalling Encore 5.1, and the problem persists.

Even when I have Prefs set to NTSC, and import a video/audio pair of NTSC files as a timeline, the resulting timeline is 25 fps, 720x576, i.e. PAL.

When I import the NTSC video/audio pair as assets, and create a new timeline separately, that doesn't help - the empty created timeline is PAL.

fwiw: I recently upgraded my OS to OSX 10.7.5, and have noticed that blank DVDs don't show up in Finder. Could that be adding to the problem somehow?

Bob C

Return to posts index

Matt Stoddart
on Feb 10, 2013 at 9:38:04 am

Hi Bob,

The Encore project is set by what you select in the "NEW PROJECT" menu when you create a new project, it will ask you then what standard you want your project to be created in.
The settings PAL / NTSC in the preference menu are for display purposes only.

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
on Feb 10, 2013 at 4:50:16 pm

Thanks for solving the mystery! I appreciate the explanation of why setting the preference menu has no effect on the actual video standard. One wonders: wouldn't it have been nice for Adobe to explain that in the Preferences? Or did I miss that too?

Thanks again.

Bob C

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]