FORUMS: list search recent posts

4:3 and 16:9 menus

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carson Rowley
4:3 and 16:9 menus
on Jan 30, 2013 at 3:26:43 am

I am new to Encore and to DVD Authoring in general. I'm not sure what I would call this feature that I am about to describe. If there is another post that resolves or talks about what I'm describing then please feel free to point me to it.

I saw the following on a DVD set of NCIS. I would like to duplicate the behavior of what I am describing below.

With playback on a widescreen 16:9 television the menu appears full screen without stretching or distorting. The background image extends all the way to the edge on both the left and right side. See below image.

When played back on a 4:3 television the sides are cut off with the center being brought full screen without squishing or distorting the image. You can see in the next screenshot that the viewable area is made to hide the left and right sides of the background image.

I would like to be able to make my DVD menus function just like the NCIS DVD menus. At the very least I am hoping someone will be able tell me what this behavior is called so that I may be able to research in a more pointed manner.

Thank you for reading. KCCO.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: 4:3 and 16:9 menus
on Jan 30, 2013 at 7:21:19 pm

I don't use Encore but I can tell you those are pan scan menus.

Return to posts index

Carson Rowley
Re: 4:3 and 16:9 menus
on Jan 30, 2013 at 9:58:47 pm

Thank you very much Eric. Much appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]