FORUMS: list search recent posts

1920 x 1080 1.0 PAR content in Encore Blu-ray images and discs plays back as 4:3

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adhish Yajnik
1920 x 1080 1.0 PAR content in Encore Blu-ray images and discs plays back as 4:3
on Jan 29, 2013 at 11:45:21 pm

Hi all,

I've created a Blu-ray with one motion menu and one movie using media transcoded to MPEG-2 and WAVE files using Blu-ray presets in Adobe Media Encoder. These assets are all 1920x1080 PAR 1.0.

The clips imported into Encore correctly and the menu and timelines I created were properly set to 16:9 aspect ratio.

In Encore, the entire project previews perfectly at the correct aspect ratio. But when I preview a .iso disc image created from the project, PowerDVD 12 pays it back as 4:3, with black bars at the sides. In the settings, the only options are to preserve the aspect ratio or stretch it to fill the screen (my computer monitor is 1920x1200), and neither option returns it to 1920 x 1080.

The same thing happens with my Sony Blu-Ray player connected to an HDTV, and the disc information from that player is reading the content on the disc natively as 4:3 rather than 16:9. This doesn't happen with any other Blu-Rays played back -- 16:9 content is displayed correctly and 4:3 content is displayed correctly.

Any idea how to set the proper aspect ratio in Encore that will stick when the project actually needs to be... burned and played back?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]