FORUMS: list search recent posts

burned blu-ray disks unreadable

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Samuel Frazier
burned blu-ray disks unreadable
on Jan 26, 2013 at 6:00:55 pm

It's my first time trying to make a blu-ray and am trying to make an autoplay for a festival. Unfortunately, I need to get it out today before 5pm, so I'm panicking. Encore is set to:

Max Bitrate 25
Codec MPEG-2
1920x1080 23.976 no fields
PCM audio

I'm using Philips BR-R 1-6x media on my friend's borrowed Lacie d2 4x USB2/ Firewire burner that Encore sees as "MATSHITA BD-MLT SW-5583 (Firmware 1.00)". I've tried connecting the burner via both its firewire (to a FW800 adaptor to my 2009 MBP) and USB2. As I mentioned, Encore does see it and does activate burning.

The project previews fine and there are no errors found when checked in Encore. The burning takes place and Encore says it's completed. Not entirely sure if the progress bars did what they're supposed to do as the bottom one went to the end, came back as the top one moved a bit more, but not sure if the top one ever reached the end.

So, any thoughts on where the problem is? I've also tried burning directly from FCP to an autoplay disk and those blu-rays also won't play. Those settings are automatic in FCP, so I'm very perplexed.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: burned blu-ray disks unreadable
on Jan 28, 2013 at 3:27:45 pm

Hi Samuel,

I hope you got your issue resolved and made the deadline. Your post did not say how you were proofing the Blu-ray disc - where were you trying to play it?

Most newer set-top Blu-ray players should work, but not guaranteed with burn-your-own discs. A firmware update may resolve this with some units. A Sony PS3 will work well.

I don't know about Macs, but PCs will not play Blu-ray movies without purchasing a third-party software player.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Samuel Frazier
Re: burned blu-ray disks unreadable
on Feb 6, 2013 at 3:26:30 am

Thanks for the help. Yes, luckily I did make the deadline. What worked for me was to make a disk image ISO in Encore, then burned it to the disk using Disk Utility. Strange, can I really be the only one having this problem? Interesting how it wouldn't burn correctly with FCP or Encore, but did when using Encore this way.

About proofing the disk, I did it in Encore by Build - Check Project. Everything was fine there and when I finally burned it in the method I described above, it played fine on my Blur-ray (which is 2-3 years old).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]