FORUMS: list search recent posts

CS5.5 Film fine > encore to DVD get lines

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nige morgan
CS5.5 Film fine > encore to DVD get lines
on Jan 20, 2013 at 12:40:19 pm

I've got a film thats im trying to put onto disc.

Its 1444x1080, PAL, shot in UK, 80mins.

The film is fine inside adobe 5.5, but when I dynamic link it to Encore cs5.1 in encorecs5.1 it makes movement into lines. Still pictures are clear but movement shows lines out the outside of the objects.

[note its everything is fine, even though the picture shows lines everywhere, horizontal lines show up around the people only when they move, and see on center of dogs head]

Don't know if this matters.
In encore, default transcode Settings are greyed out
codec - mpeg-2
dimensions - 720x576
frame rate - 25
fields - lower field first

Anyone can help be grateful.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: CS5.5 Film fine > encore to DVD get lines
on Jan 21, 2013 at 7:43:22 am

Hi Nige,
two things:

1.) if you have encoded field dominance lower first - that´s wrong! as your source is 1080i50, which has field dominance upper first, you must encode your SD-video upper first, too.

2.) this screenshow was taken from your computer or from your tv-screen? nevertheless - theese are interlaced artefacts which will be shown on screens who can not show real interlaced lines (like studio-reference-monitors).

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Jef Huey
on Jan 21, 2013 at 11:01:52 pm

[Daniel Ludwig] "- theese are interlaced artefacts which will be shown on screens who can not show real interlaced lines (like studio-reference-monitors)."

Not sure this is what you meant to say? A studio reference monitor should absolutely show interlace. Or it is NOT a studio reference monitor. We still live in a broadcast world that contains interlace and we need to monitor it.

Jef

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Jan 22, 2013 at 5:25:27 am

Sorry Jef,
I miss-wrote this - I meant: you will see these interlaced artefacts/lines that´s been visible on your screenshots only on screens that could not show real interlaced pictures like any (consumer) TFT or plasma or computer-monitor.

if you´ll watch this film on a real studio-reference-monitor you´ll see interlaced pictures of cause. but all others will show your pictures like this.

by the way - there´s still your field-dominance-problem: upper vs lower, that must be corrected to get the lines in the right order.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

nige morgan
on Jan 22, 2013 at 3:39:44 pm

are there any tutorials I can watch.

I've tried about 3 different settings on encore and they all come out with lines when people/objects move.

There's a list i.e.1440x1080i 25 or 1280x720p 50 there is no 1080i50.

Setting I've tried and I still get lines.
Bluray - 1440x1080i 25 Long Form
DVD - PAL DV high quality 4mb VBR 2 pass - upper 720x576
DVD - PAL DV high quality 4mb VBR 2 pass - lower 720x576

Shot on Pal, im in UK.

Suggestions

PS the liens are only horizontal move pics as a example.

The lines are not vertical.

img_1059.jpg

img_1057.jpg

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Jan 22, 2013 at 4:03:06 pm

Nige,
you are talking about HD and blu-ray, but the topic have been SD-DVD? so what are you trying to do?

don´t be confused by 1080i50 or 1080i25 - it´s the same.

have you tried to playback your DVD (?) using a standalone-DVD-player with a tube-TV and flat-screen?

is there still the same line-problem? if so - one reason could be that interlaced material has become progressive (without deinterlacing) anywhere within the workflow. then it has been downscaled for SD afterwards and then you´ll get these terible curtains on your picture.

by the way: 1440x1080 is a terrible source (anamorph HD) and needs to be scaled down very carefully! your lines could also be a problem of non proper downscaling.

keep in mind: it´s allways the best to scale down prior encoding for SD-DVD-authoring. don´t use encore for transcoding.

NOTE: I´m PAL, too | living in germany ;)

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

nige morgan
on Jan 22, 2013 at 4:33:58 pm

All I'm trying to do is put my film on a DVD so someone can play it on pc or a player for a film festival.

My films in adobe premiere pro cs5.5, 80mins. Shot on Canon HV20 HDV 1440x1080.

Forgot to say I did a test clip for 20seconds and the lines went, I redid it with the same settings the whole film and get the lines.

At the moment Im using the Dynamic Link
Lets say I start off from square one whats the best way to import it into Encore because it seems like Dynamic Link is giving me lines.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Jan 22, 2013 at 4:44:22 pm

Nige,
1.) export the entire film as selfcontained MOV or AVI to your harddisc - same (HD-) export-settings as your files-settings.

2.) use AfterEffects to downscale to SD-Video 720x576 upper first.

3.) encode the SD-file using AME (adobe media encoder), MPEG2 upper first

4.) author with encore.

that should work if you haven´t got any big bugs within your premiere-export-settings.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]