FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio track not coming through...

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clayton Brown
Audio track not coming through...
on Jan 15, 2013 at 4:34:51 pm

When I bring in the main timeline to Encore for some reason in one of the sections person A's audio is no longer audible..

We are exporting from FCPX to .MOV file which we then bring into Encore to author. We have done over a dozen full length instructional DVDs this way and have never had such a problem as this.

The issue was found upon final review of the DVD. In section 2 one of the instructors audio appears to be on mute...

Upon further investigation we can see that in Encore, watching the problematic spot (in the Encore viewer) the audio is gone.. Double checking the .MOV file that Encore pulls the timeline from the Audio IS there.. it is somehow getting cut when Encore imports the timeline.

We have tried creating a new Encore project, re-exporting the original .MOV from FCPX as well as doing our best to clean up the audio before export.

We are baffled... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Machine Specs- Working between 2 mac pros, 2008 models with 16 gb ram each, dual quad processors.. ect.. machines are not the issue as since the problem we have authored other DVDs.
Video Specs: H.264, 720p, MPEG 2, 720 x 480 @ 29.97fps- Audio- Dolby Digital- Bitrate 8 Mbps

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Audio track not coming through...
on Jan 15, 2013 at 6:30:35 pm

Clayton,
besides the fact that H264-mov is a very bad idea to export out of FCP (you should export pro res) for MPEG2-encoding - you should encode your video+audio-assets prior authoring.

you can encode and/or create a DVD from within FCPX straight away from within the export-window or using compressor.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Clayton Brown
Re: Audio track not coming through...
on Jan 15, 2013 at 6:55:41 pm

I would bet that what you have stated is 100% accurate. However, we have had no issues until this point with exporting from FCPX to .mov files and then authoring with Encore.

For our next round of DVDs to be done in March I will certainly research how to utilize compressor for the authoring and encoding as well as exporting to pro res from FCPX. If I am unable to fix this issue today i will also likely go that route tomorrow.

Thank you greatly for your feedback.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]