FORUMS: list search recent posts

Subtitle freezes on screen Encore CS6

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Fancsikai
Subtitle freezes on screen Encore CS6
on Jan 14, 2013 at 11:36:52 am

Hi all,

I have an authored DVD-9 project of 4 timelines. (After a language selection root menu you can select from a submenu which one to play), each one has a single English subtitle track which is enabled if you selected English in the root.

One specific subtitle of timeline no2 freezes on screen and won't ever disappear. I adjusted a littlebit on the title in Encore, burnt the new dvd and now it freezes on another one.

A read in previous posts that this problem can be caused by chapter points that the specific subtitle crosses, but this is not the case here, as I have no chapter points at all on the timeline.

BTW layer break seems to be set to a good point according to IMGburn that I use for burning.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thank you

Peter

Return to posts index

Leonardo Ortega
Re: Subtitle freezes on screen Encore CS6
on Feb 11, 2013 at 8:10:51 am

Hi,
I am experiencing the same problem with subtitles that randomly freeze in a DVD authored with Adobe Encore CS6.
My project has 6 SD movies and it's an standard DVD 4.7. I have a special menu for turning subtitles ON of OFF and resuming the current movie.
My impression is that the subtitles can freeze randomly and the behaviour can change from DVD player to DVD player. Today I was showing the finalised DVD to a client and the subtitles froze while the movie kept going. I went to my subtitle menu, turned subtitles OFF, resumed, went back to titles menu, turned it ON, and then they went back to normal.
This is really annoying, subtitles is such an old technology, it's difficult to understand that Encore CS6 comes with such an embarrassing bug.

Anyone experiencing the same or found a patch or another kind of solution to this?

Cheers

Leo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]