FORUMS: list search recent posts

minimum specs required for Encore CS6 on a Mac?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adam taylor
minimum specs required for Encore CS6 on a Mac?
on Jan 12, 2013 at 3:02:22 pm

Just tried to open Encore CS6 for the first time on my laptop....even though had CS6 for months, and very suprised to get a error message ...

"You can't open the application Adobe Encore CS6 because it is not supported on this type of Mac"

The mac in question is a 2.8ghz Intel Core i7 mid2010 laptop, with 8gb ram, and running 10.7.5.

I can't believe this mac is incapable of running Encore, when it handles AE and Photoshop with ease.

Anyone else seen this?

adam

Adam Taylor
Video Editor/Audio Mixer/ Compositor/Motion GFX/Barista
Character Options Ltd
Oldham, UK

http://www.sculptedbliss.co.uk
My YouTube Animations Page

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: minimum specs required for Encore CS6 on a Mac?
on Jan 13, 2013 at 2:23:54 pm

you might have a look at your system-information. it´s a big matter of your graphic-card in your machine.

which laptop do you use? macbook or macbook pro and what graphics-chip/card is in use?

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

adam taylor
on Jan 13, 2013 at 5:20:40 pm

Hi Danny,

Its a MacbookPro with the Nvidia GeForce GT330M & Intel HD Graphics gpu's. I have the auto switching off, so its the Nvidia card thats in use.

I tried looking for the Encore specs on adobes website but couldnt find them!

adam

Adam Taylor
Character Options Ltd
Oldham, UK

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Jan 13, 2013 at 6:30:00 pm

Adam,
I´ve got nearly the same computer, it´s an 17" Macbook Pro i7, 2.66Ghz (the last one without thunderbolt-connecter, before apple decided to kick the 17".

Encore CS6 is working fine over here. you might have a look at your system if the 64bit-kernel is turned on, might be possible that it´s turend off. encore and premiere are running under 64bit only - no more 32bit.

you´ll find this within your system informations if you check software on the left side collum.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

adam taylor
on Jan 13, 2013 at 7:43:06 pm

Thanks again Danny,

unfortunately i don't think thats the problem...its definitely running in 64bit.

I will have to contact Adobe, as my licence has also reverted from full to trial. Whats really annoying is the laptop needed its hard drive reformatting after an Adobe upgrade crashed mid flow, and corrupted the drive structure. Since getting it back up again, CS6 has been acting hokey, and has convinced itself that i'm a trial user only, even with the serial entered!

regards
Adam

Adam Taylor
Character Options Ltd
Oldham, UK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]