FORUMS: list search recent posts

workflow creating a dvd to archive best quality (premiere- media encoder -encore)

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sang merah
workflow creating a dvd to archive best quality (premiere- media encoder -encore)
on Jan 9, 2013 at 1:54:14 pm

dear all
this is my first question. i wonder and need some advice to archive the best qulity dvd..
my workflow right now:
- edit in adobe premiere (PAL setting to asia )
- export it to microsoft dv avi
- convert it to m2v and m2a from adobe media encoder setting bitrate CBR 6kbps
- building dvd menu and burn from adobe encore

with my workflow i am not really happy with the result..do i need some pro encoder/ converter such as canopus procoder or TMPgenc to create m2v files? or i just lost in workflow

thanks in advance and since english is not my primary language so please forgive my bad english :-)

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: workflow creating a dvd to archive best quality (premiere- media encoder -encore)
on Jan 9, 2013 at 4:27:39 pm

What is your source material? High def? Standard? DV?

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

sang merah
Re: workflow creating a dvd to archive best quality (premiere- media encoder -encore)
on Jan 10, 2013 at 11:07:33 am

Thanks for quick reply..i use standard definition pal

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on Jan 10, 2013 at 1:38:38 pm

Is the DVD full with your datarate at 6 CBR? If so, use VBR with the target at 6, with the max higher. If it is not full, try CBR 8 and see if that improves the quality.

I don't see why you are exporting to DV. Try exporting from Premiere as MPEG2-DVD (m2v and wav).

I would also try dynamic link, since your workflow is SD to SD.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

sang merah
on Jan 10, 2013 at 2:07:58 pm

I've tried to increase bitrate higher but i got a lot complain from client because their dvd stuck when i convert with more than 6 cbr so 6 CBR is my safest setting

Dinamic link?my computer doesn't strong enough to use dinamic link :-(

Thanks alot sir :-)

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
on Jan 12, 2013 at 1:07:41 am

Avoid exprting to the DV codec out of Premiere. That undoubtedly is causing a visible loss of image quality. Export an uncompressed AVI if you have the disk space, otherwise use a lightly compressed codec. Then encode using AME as before.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]