FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Drops Out Suddenly on Encore Blu-ray

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Slabysz
Audio Drops Out Suddenly on Encore Blu-ray
on Jan 2, 2013 at 3:27:33 pm

I've spent days trouble shooting this. In the middle of a clip, the audio just disappears for the rest of the disc. The next Chapter clearly is missing the audio file. When Display is hit on the player, no audio info comes up. There is no Chapter marker at this point and the media plays back fine in Encore. I've tried recording to a Sony BD-RE and after the first burn, I can no longer burn to the disc. I went back to using BD-R. Also, I have tried burning by using IMGBURN. The burn completes with no errors. I am working with a Reference file from Media Composer. I Transcoded Now the audio for that section, but still no audio on playback. I'm new to Encore and have spent days on this. Any suggestions? Thanks! BTW, the file size is only 12GB and I'm using a 25GB BD-R.

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: Audio Drops Out Suddenly on Encore Blu-ray
on Jan 7, 2013 at 11:07:26 pm

There is likely issues with the encoded audio. Can you export a new audio file (dolby digital ac3) straight from Premiere (assuming you edit with Premiere), then replace the audio in Encore with the newly encoded file? This should resolve the issue.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

Peter Slabysz
on Jan 8, 2013 at 6:06:08 pm

The media was a QTRM from Media Composer and I didn't even have access to MC at that point. I tried a bunch of troubleshooting and didn't do it methodically. So I don't know for sure what solved the issue. I'm inclined to believe it was putting only one clip in a Timeline that solved the problem. Someone on another Thread suggested that.

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
on Jan 8, 2013 at 6:57:50 pm

That is correct. I didn't realize you were combining multiple clips into a single timeline in Encore. Even though Encore supports this, I strongly advise against doing it as you can definitely run into issues like the one you did.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]