FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu-Ray authoring

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bram Van Workum
Blu-Ray authoring
on Dec 28, 2012 at 2:50:16 am

Hi, I asked this question before about a DVD disk but even though I thought i got it right last time its not working now on a blu-ray.

I made a disk with , all in all, 3 movie files. 1 is the main movie, the other a videoclip and the third a testimonial.

I have 2 menu items in encore:

Main menu

Chapters.

The main menu needs to do the whole film at once

chapters needs to let the user select a chapter and then the disk needs to return to the chaptersmenu after it finishes the selected chapter.

The videoclip and the testimonial are whole movies without chapters and they return to the main menu just fine. YEt the selections of seperate chapters doesnt work like i want to.

the disk looks like this

2 Menu items

4 folders and each folder contains: a playlist (regular list not the chapter kind) a timeline and content. The 4th folder contains only 3 playlists that each contain only 1 chapter (3 chapters 3 lists).

The flowchart says that everything is in order, as does the test function to see if anything is orphaned or otherwise broken.

Yet, when i select a chapter the disk doest return to the chapters menu after a chapter and just keeps on playing.

I want it to return to the chapters menu and not keep on playing...

Everything has an end function except the chapter markers that are on the timeline for the main movie.

ideas?

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Blu-Ray authoring
on Dec 29, 2012 at 8:37:40 am

Bram,
this is a usual behave that chapter-marker have no end-action and the video will play till the end.

if you would like to get back from the chapter-play to a chapter-menu you need to create playlists from each chapter. it will jump back to the dedicated button in the chapter-menu afterwards playing the chapter.

note: you canĀ“t do scripting or movieobject-editing within encore - if you would like to do that, you need 3rd party software.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Bram Van Workum
Re: Blu-Ray authoring
on Jan 6, 2013 at 10:16:56 pm

Hi Daniel,

Tried that. Each chapter has it's playlist (not a chapterplaylist, just a regular playlist) Each list is in a folder and according to the flowchart everything should work fine but it doesnt. The chapters dont do what they need to with or without an end action on the chaptermarkers.

I should point out that im testing Blu-Ray discs and Blu-ray iso's on my PC with PowerDVD software. The Blu-ray player that my parents own seems to do its job properly and obey the seperate playlists i made for each chapter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]