FORUMS: list search recent posts

please aid me with a transcode question

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Groom
please aid me with a transcode question
on Dec 19, 2012 at 8:55:36 pm

HI
I have an encore authored project to make a bluray. It hasa basic menu and all works fine. Its video asset is a sorenson squeeze produced blu ray compliant file and is 23 gig big. Blu Ray ISO and disc burns all fine.

Then Id like to make a DVD from this same project. If I set the dvd transcode settings to AUTOMATIC it makes a file too big for a 4.7 gig disc. Id have thought automatic means it would calculate and create an optimum size file with all the assets in the project being included?

How can i adjust the settings in CS 5.5 to make it optimum sized. I only see 5 presets and some make it too large and some make it waay under sized?

Please point me in the right direction, or do I HAVE to make a DVD sorenson sq file and import that, which is a whole lot extra work?

Any pointers (or video tutorials gratefully received)

Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: please aid me with a transcode question
on Dec 19, 2012 at 10:10:58 pm

When you are bringing in compliant assets, I think it is best to go back and create the DVD file from your uncompressed (or less compressed) original.

That said, I don't understand why your transcoded file is too big.

Check the obvious: single sided disk selected?

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Dec 22, 2012 at 4:08:21 pm

Hi Peter,

Please verify - in your Encore Blu-ray project, did you do the following -

Go to File > Project Settings and then in the Project Settings pop-up window, change "Authoring Mode" to "DVD"?

I ask because if you simply exchange Blu-ray and DVD in the Build window, that does NOT change the authoring mode, so it would still be in Blu-ray mode even if you changed the "output" to DVD.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Dec 22, 2012 at 6:40:30 pm

HI Jeff
Thanks for that - you may have hit on it.
I have just been switching between dblu ray and dvd within the build window. There isnt really anything to say this was wrong.

Im remaking the sor sq m2v files to try ou your method. Fingers crossed! I ll let you know.

Peter

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Dec 22, 2012 at 6:42:05 pm

While Im on, which application would you recommend for making the bd compliant files.
Adobe media encoder or sorenson squeeeze?
Peter

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Dec 23, 2012 at 6:06:04 pm

Hi Peter,

What is your workflow with Sorenson? Do you have to create an intermediate file from Premiere and then bring that into Squeeze? If so, that may create additional compression loss and of course add to encoding time. With AME, you can create the Blu-ray output direct from Premiere, so really up to you, if you want to compare quality and workflow steps and make your own decision.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Dec 23, 2012 at 6:22:11 pm

Hi Jeff
All seems a lot beetter now after your advice. I dont think that key part of the software is well explained tho.

I dont use Premiere. I use Avid media composer 6.
Mt workflow is - export a quicktime reference file from avid, import to sor sq, create the bd compliant file, imprt that into encore and let the hurt begin.

Cheers
Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]