FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore CS6 chapter point location error

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zvi Twersky
Encore CS6 chapter point location error
on Dec 16, 2012 at 8:42:02 pm

Encore CS6: I imported a timeline and pasted in a timecode, the first few time it moved to the specified location. Then I typed in another timecode - moved to that location too. Then after a few times it jumped to a random location. Encore does not go to this state at once, but once it is in this state it jumps to random timecodes. Other people were able to replicate this bug.

I've posted this on the Adobe forums 5 months ago (and reported it to Adobe) but still no answer or fix. http://forums.adobe.com/message/4571332

Anyone else had this issue? It's the only reason I can't use Encore CS6 and I am so upset because I like its new features.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: Encore CS6 chapter point location error
on Dec 17, 2012 at 5:17:23 pm

How far off is the the new location? Chapter points can only be on I Frames within the MPEG 2 GOP structure, so maybe that's what you're seeing?

Return to posts index

Zvi Twersky
Re: Encore CS6 chapter point location error
on Dec 17, 2012 at 5:38:43 pm

Thanks for the reply. They are very far apart. But even if not, Encore doesn't have a problem with IFrames, so if you input a timecode that is not on an IFrame, Encore will just place the chapter point at the nearest IFrame for you. I was told that if you manually type in the timecode (not copy paste) this bug won't happen. I haven't tried that but that is not an option for me. (Too much work). I have also had a suggestion to install the 6.0.2 update. I haven't tried that yet.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]