FORUMS: list search recent posts

Burning a Bluray

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raphael Rogers
Burning a Bluray
on Dec 13, 2012 at 11:50:22 pm

I'm sure this has been asked so many times but here goes.

I'm trying to burn a bluray from encore. It gets to about 75 % then says blu-ray error: "file already exists", Code:"6", Note: "Video buffer underflows. Total bitrate is too high near time

I exported an h.264 from premiere then converted that to bluray h.264 m4v in media encoder, put that in a timeline when to transcode settings and set the file as it's own already transcoded file. so that it didn't attempt to transcode. I never saw the don't transcode option highlight. Ideas? How long should it take?

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Burning a Bluray
on Dec 15, 2012 at 4:46:25 pm

workflow-issue!

first step would be to export to a different format from premiere. if you choose h264 and then afterwards transcode it to BD H264, you will lose quality, because of 2nd generation (2 times encoding).

if you choose export to apple pro res (MAC) or any uncompressed AVI or quicktime codec (PC), then starting to encode it to BD-h264 that´s a lot better.

according to bitrate: blu-ray h264 is limited to 40MBit/s according to BD-spec. in most cases the bitrate will not get higher than 25-35MBit/s. you should encode your assets prior authoring the disc with encore.

there is one thing to know: encore is transcoding its menus to MPEG2HD, if you input H264 or anything else so you should better use uncompressed media or MPEG2HD for the menu.

and you should also know that encore will allways transcode your material of it wont fit your project-settings, so take a look at it first.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]