FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any way to redefine button areas?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Grant
Any way to redefine button areas?
on Dec 10, 2012 at 6:17:09 am

Hello,

I have been working on a project for quite some time where the text of a video will appear in the lower right corner when a button is highlighted and will change for each video. The problem I am encountering is that because the text is grouped within the highlight layer the button becomes quite large and each one overlaps the other because the text is always in the corner. My question being,is there a way to seperate one of the layers from the highlight so it resides outside of the clickable area? Or a way to redraw the button boundary entirely.

Thank you all in advance

Return to posts index

steve white
Re: Any way to redefine button areas?
on Dec 13, 2012 at 1:54:42 am

Have a look at the tutorial on precomposed.com
Homepage under bonus tutorials named Changing a buttons clickable area in encore.hope this helps

Return to posts index

Jon Geddes
Re: Any way to redefine button areas?
on Dec 27, 2012 at 9:28:45 pm

This question gets asked all the time. It is not possible to do with the DVD format. The only way to somewhat achieve what you want is to have a separate menu for each button, with auto-activate enabled so that when someone presses the arrow to navigate to the next button, it takes them to a different menu that appears to be the same, except that the text you wanted to update has changed. The problem is that this setup does not work when played on a computer (the mouse will not auto-activate a button), and the audio of the menu will reset each time you move to a different button. The issues outweigh the benefits, and it should not be attempted.

Jon Geddes
http://www.precomposed.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]