FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fatal Error code burning Blu ray

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Betts
Fatal Error code burning Blu ray
on Dec 8, 2012 at 2:48:02 pm

Trying to burn blu-ray disc in Encore 4.0.0.258. Transcodes most of the video files but eventually fails. Message reads: Blu-ray error: "fatal error", code:"6", Note: " Now I've seen other posts here where the message includes additional information after the word "Note." Each time mine fails it does not. Tried switching codecs from H.254 to mpeg-2 and still get the same error message. Encore's Check Project reveals no problems as well. Could it be the audio/video bit rate? It currently is set at 15.0 Mbps. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
Re: Fatal Error code burning Blu ray
on Dec 9, 2012 at 6:54:48 pm

Keith,
the very best thing to do is to encode the audio/video-assets prior authoring. encore could transcode videos and audio, but there are far to many bugs in the software to rely on it.

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Keith Betts
on Dec 10, 2012 at 4:03:59 am

Any suggestions as to what app or software to use to transcode my edited sequences? Sequence settings in Final Cut Pro are 1280 x 720 XDCAM EX 720p30. My normal app for compressing files for standard definition DVD's is Apple Compressor. Is there a setting you would recommend in Compressor for a blu-ray disc? I anticipate future blu-ray projects with multiple chapter points as well. Really like Encore for its seamless integration with Photoshop for creating menus but not convinced if it's the best app for blu-ray authoring.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ludwig
on Dec 10, 2012 at 7:10:09 am

Hi again,
if you use 720p30 it´s somehow a worst case, as 720p30 is not supported by the BD-specs.

these are BD-spec:
1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080i50, 1080i60, 720p60, 720p50.

so if you would like to put your video on a blu-ray you need to convert it to another frame-rate. I would advice to go to a smaller one, as you´ll get better quality to generate a lower frame-rate like 1080p24 out of 720p30.

you need to use compressor frame-control-option to do so.

you might do this in two steps:

1. scaling 720p to 1080p30
2. framerate-conversion from p30 to p24

building a BD with encore is ok - but if you would like to do more advanced BDs you should look for an other authoring-app like EasyBD (PC-soft).

cheers

danny

Return to posts index

Jef Huey
on Dec 15, 2012 at 6:32:58 pm

While I do not know a lot about using Encore at this point, I know an awful lot about editing. And I can tell you that changing frame rate from 30 to 24 is NEVER a good idea. Even with the best tools, the artifacts are very bad.

My experience is to always encode at the native frame rate of the material if at all possible. This stresses the compression engine the least, providing the best result.

Just my opinion.

Jef

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]