FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't burn blu ray ISO

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zvi Twersky
Can't burn blu ray ISO
on Dec 5, 2012 at 8:51:49 am

Until last week, I would always export image files from Encore (iso) and burn the image from any image burning software. Now, no image burning software will burn a blu ray image file. The image files play great on the computer. I have also tried creating BDMV folders - same thing... will play on computer but not burn to BD. I tried with imgburn, Ashampoo, Nero. The only way to burn it would be to choose "burn to disk" in Encore. Encore WILL burn the project so I know my BD burner is good.

Another thing, in Encore CS5 and above, it recognizes my BD burner. In Encore CS3, it says no burner found (blu ray project).

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Can't burn blu ray ISO
on Dec 5, 2012 at 3:42:02 pm

In Encore, have you tried burning a disc using the Image you previously created? Is it possible that the .iso extension got associated to something else in Windows so that it is not being recognized correctly?

Jeff

Return to posts index

Zvi Twersky
on Dec 5, 2012 at 11:44:30 pm

I didn't know that you can import an image file into Encore to burn it. Why would one do that? I only use Encore to make my project into an image file and then burn that image with any burning software. I've been doing this the same way for years so I don't know how or why it would be associated with something else all of a sudden. I also think it's ok to windows because if I load this image file to a virtual drive, it will play just fine on any media player in Windows. So will BDMV structure play well in Windows players but will not burn to blu ray. (Unless I burn directly to blu ray from an encore project).

Return to posts index

Nils Lindstrom
on Dec 23, 2012 at 4:58:21 am

Jeff,

How does one go about burning a BD from a .iso disk image created by Encore?
This has me absolutely baffled.

Return to posts index

Zvi Twersky
on Dec 23, 2012 at 5:59:17 am

If your Encore project is a blu ray one, you can just export to image file (instead of burn to disk) and that image file (.iso) can be burned to a blu ray with any burning software.

Return to posts index

Nils Lindstrom
on Dec 23, 2012 at 7:13:36 am

So, if I understand you correctly - you must use third party software if you want to burn from a .iso image disk. What would you recommend?

Return to posts index

Zvi Twersky
on Dec 23, 2012 at 8:01:02 am

That's what I know too and why I asked Jeff what he meant to import an image file to Encore to burn which I never heard of. I use ImgBurn to burn iso's. You can use Nero, Ashampoo, it really doesn't matter.

Return to posts index

Nils Lindstrom
on Dec 23, 2012 at 9:49:02 am

I figured it out. You can burn a Blu-ray within Encore using a prebuilt .iso file. It burn quick and plays fine in my Panasonic blu ray player.

In the Build tab,Under Source select Disc Image
then Browse to the .iso disc image you previously built in Encore
Under Destination select your Blu ray burner model
enter the number of copies you want to burn
Then click "Build" at the top of the build tab.

That worked for me.

Return to posts index

Zvi Twersky
on Dec 23, 2012 at 5:34:10 pm

Interesting. Does it open the whole project (menus and all) when you choose the iso file? Can you import and burn an iso file that wasn't created in Encore?

Return to posts index

Nils Lindstrom
on Dec 23, 2012 at 11:14:04 pm

You don't need to have a project open in Encore to burn a blu ray from a .iso disc image

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]