FORUMS: list search recent posts

Chapter with multiple subtitle tracks

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arie-Jan Vennik
Chapter with multiple subtitle tracks
on Nov 21, 2012 at 5:06:15 pm

Hello all,

I am intermediate at creating dvd menus, but I have encountered a problem to which I can't seem to find a solution anywhere. Could someone please have a look at the following dilemma for me?

I have a timeline with 6 chapters containing two audio and two subtitle tracks. One for the English and one for the German version. The subtitle tracks are in the first chapter only. ( It's a dvd by the way, not a Blu-ray.)
When I play the entire timeline in English, it displays the english audio + sub and in German the German audio + sub.
I used "specify link" > "audio and subtitle" track to achieve this.
I have created chapter playlists from this timeline, so I can select a desired chapter in a desired language from my different dvd menus.
Also using "specify link" > "audio and subtitle" track to achieve this.
It works perfectly but for one thing: When I select the German chapter 1, there's German audio but it displays the English subtitle. Although I set the subtitle track to stream 2 (de) in the specify link menu.
When I play the dvd and use the remote to change the subtitle to German, it doesn't display anything.

Am I doing something wrong? Any help is deeply appreciated.

Kind regards and thanks in advance,
A-J

Return to posts index

Arie-Jan Vennik
Re: Chapter with multiple subtitle tracks
on Nov 21, 2012 at 7:11:45 pm

Ok, I created the subtitle tracks after I had created the chapter playlists.
Finding out that Encore cs4 does not automatically update the chapter playlists, I created a new one for the first chapter, and it does now show two subtitle tracks :-).

My problem is now solved. Thank you all and have a good day.

Greeting A-J

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]