FORUMS: list search recent posts

ESPN SportsCenter Column

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
ESPN SportsCenter Column
on Nov 16, 2012 at 1:30:28 am

I need to build DVDs for display on a lobby monitor for a trade show. It's a very diverse, international group. There are usually 4-5 topics in the program, and I've realized from looking at the behavior of viewers that the attendees are VERY interested in the topics that they care about, and totally uninterested in others.

So I would like to use a column along the left side, just like ESPN, to list the upcoming and current stories. That way, viewers could see that "their" story is coming up, and then they might hang around long enough to see it.

The program plays in a loop, and there is no interactivity. I've made the prototype using After Effects and Final Cut Pro, as a pure loop with no "buttons" onscreen.

But that process is cumbersome, and it has occurred to me that I might be better off using Adobe Encore, creating the vertical story list on the left side as a motion menu. What do you think of creating the entire show as a motion menu.

I'm not asking for the recipe, just a reaction to the concept. Eventually I'd like to add true buttons, in case the client ever uses a touchscreen kiosk. The "buttons" would simply be the story titles, which would slide down as each story ends. I would love to develop a template for this, so that I could whip up a DVD rapidly. I shoot and edit the stories every day of the group's annual meeting, and these DVDs have to be easy to generate.

Thanks.

Bob C

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: ESPN SportsCenter Column
on Nov 16, 2012 at 3:36:53 am

Menus, including the motion assets, are limited to one gig on a dvd. So this might work if the content is limited. Since you are not using buttons, the limitations of highlights are not a downside.

I don't know that the AE process is any more cumbersome than it would be using Encore - all you can do with Encore is work with the psd menu file; you've still got to animate the list. Okay, you could use multiple menus, but I suspect you'd get some jumps when you move menu to menu.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

John Rich
on Nov 21, 2012 at 4:14:26 am

Bob,
Here is a screen capture of an Encore project I put together, which might be something like you are describing.

https://vimeo.com/album/214775/video/14086588

You could put the button names on the left of the screen instead of the way I have them set up.

If I missed the point, let me know please.

John Rich

JOHNR

Return to posts index

Ryan Brege
on Sep 25, 2013 at 11:28:10 am

Sorry I'm like a year late, but did you ever get an answer on how to create this? I'm looking to make the exact same thing for my videos.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]