FORUMS: list search recent posts

encore cs6 freezes when writing

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug Helsby
encore cs6 freezes when writing
on Nov 3, 2012 at 10:24:56 am

Hi
I am using CS6 and transcoding a sequence is no problem. However I have a problem with encore freezing after writing about 51.mbs and get error message 'not responding'.After about 4/5 minutes its starts up again and then stalls again.( I have checked my sequences for gaps and long file names).
I have Roxio 12 which creates an icon the desktop when a blank dvd is placed in the tray. I have tried to remove this icon so that I can access the burn command from the main menu. I have also stopped Power DVD from starting up.
A couple of thoughts:

1. Does this activation of Roxio create a conflict with Encore?
2.Does encore require Roxio to burn DVD?

I have used Encore cs6 previously without any problems , but now something has gone wrong
Has anyone else come across this problem with Encore freezing when writing and any suggestions on how to overcome it.
Thankyou
Doug

Doug

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
Re: encore cs6 freezes when writing
on Nov 5, 2012 at 5:49:13 pm

Doug,

You don't need Roxio to burn a DVD. Burn directly using the tools in Encore. Also try rebooting your machine immediately before burning a disc. If those don't help your problem, output a disc image, then burn that file to DVD using either Encore or Roxio.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Doug Helsby
on Nov 7, 2012 at 5:13:23 pm

Bill
Thanks for your reply.
Since my first post on this, Encore refused to load past the project page.In fact i got a message to say that the application has some registry problems. I reloaded the suite having deleted all things cs6 and re loaded. Same thing!! Previous to the glitch I had a Nvidia (Gt440)update and I believe that was the cause of my problem.I
I have rolled back the driver and am keeping my fingers crossed!!
Doug

Doug

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
on Nov 7, 2012 at 5:29:55 pm

Doug,

Can you open another project that worked in the past? If so, you might have some corrupt media in your current project.

You also might want to contact Adobe tech support.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Doug Helsby
on Nov 8, 2012 at 1:08:55 pm

Bill

Something I hadn't thought of was a faulty DVD writer!!
Have just had it checked out by a technician and it is working erraticaly,(despite a PC diagnosis check that suggested it was working!!), so I think that may be the cause as Encore was unable to recognise it.I am putting a new one in, reloading Encore and try writing one of my saved projects.

Thank you for your thoughts

Doug

Doug

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]